News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

So-Cal Galaxies All FORD Car Show 5-11-2013

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-05-13 16:35

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

The Southern - California Galaxie All Ford Car Show is a fairly small local show here in Southern California, less than 100 Fords, Mercury's & Lincolns.  It is held in a very nice rolling hills grassy tree studded park in early May.  I've taken some pretty good photos of our turnout of 57 Fords.  I'm proud to say we were very well represented and all of our 57's had plenty of spectators surrounding them throughout the day.  There were two 57's, a Veteran's Tribute Thunderbird (Chevy powered) and a spectacular early 50's "Shoebox Ford" in my class which was 49 and Up Modified cars.  The Ranchero was in a Truck Class and Tom Howard's Sunliner was in the 49 to 59 Ford - Stock class.

Anyway, the following threads show each of the 57's at the show.  Starting with the Ranchero.

Bob
57 AGIN       

57AGIN

This group of photos features Gery Utsuki's awesome 57 Custom.  He took a different route with his power plant, it is a stroked 429 Shotgun motor, now 520 ci. and featuring John Kasse heads.  The car sounds really awesome when running.  He upgraded his transmission to a TKO 600 to handle the torque the Shotgun motor puts out.   He and I were in the same class on Saturday, a neat guy and I hope to see him at some more shows in the future.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

This group of photos has Tom Howard standing beside his very nice 57 Sunliner.  It is very clean and very stock.  Finally, the class my 57 was in had some very stiff competition, with Gery 57 Custom, a beautiful early 50's Ford powered by a built Windsor motor and a very good looking Veterans tribute Thunderbird with Chevy power. The last photo is of a nicely done 58 Skyliner.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

There are sure some awesome '57's out your way..your's especially. Utsuki's engine sure fills that bay up. I also noticed he's still got the oem door panels.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe