News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front sway bar

Started by Buckaroo, 2022-01-25 19:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckaroo

I was just informed that my car, a 1957 Fairlane, should have a front sway bar.  I have found aftermarket heavy duty sway bars in catalogs but not the standard bar.  Does anyone have a decent sway bar they can part with?  I can purchase new bushings and clamps.  I would prefer one that is not severely pitted.  Let me know what you may have available.

Ford Blue blood

To be right upfront I would go after the after market bar.  One that mounts to the frame and the control arms.  Unless you want to remain perfectly stock the ride and handling difference is like night and day.  The suspensions tend to be on the soft side with a fair degree of body roll.  This makes the car "push" much easier then needed and make corners "feel" uneasy.  The stock sway bar is really close to useless when trying to get a comfortably handling car.  A 1" is close to the best size, up a little won't hurt anything with respect to handling.

Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lgcustom

I agree with the above statement about the upgraded bar. However, if you want to go back original, I have one with new rubber bushings. $20? Shipping might be stiff from Texas.

Buckaroo

Thanks for your input.  I just ordered front and rear bars for our car.  It is only money!

Lgcustom

You got that right! Now, enjoy better handling after you figure out how to make that rear bar fit with minimal instructions!

Buckaroo

I printed out the instructions and have been looking at them.  Luckily, I have a friend with a lift that has experience with this.  Wish us luck!

lalessi1

Good Luck! Doubt you will need the luck though should be relatively straight forward and worth the effort and money...
Lynn