News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Aftermarket wipers

Started by gasman826, 2014-09-02 16:16

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Starting the aftermarket wipers next.

junior58

Let us know how it goes. I used the Newport Engineering kit which is basically an electric motor that replaces the vacuum motor and connects to the original drive mechanism, works a treat.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

rmk57

Man, you actually going to drive that thing it the rain. That should be fun.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

got wet getting to the barn from the glass company!!! 

I've mocked this up before paint.  So this time I'll try to take pictures!

TexasFordGuy

Gasman,  was this kit made for the 57 or a universal?  It looks very similar to what Lucas use in early British cars, like Jags and MGBs.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

gasman826

Universal kit by SPECIALTY POWER WINDOW.  They make universal power window and wiper kits with a few accessories.

TexasFordGuy

Please do post some pictures when you get it installed.  I'd like to know where/how you mounted the motor and the fit for the other parts.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

gasman826

I had to get rid of the OEM wiper motor because one of the throttle body stacks needed that real estate.  The motor was the easiest but I'm not using a '57 dash, glove box or heater.  One transmission slid right into the cowl but the other one was very tight.  Attached are older, mockup photos.  I've been a bit busy and have not had shop time.  BUT, I will take pictures as I do final assembly.  Just got the new wiper bezels.

Limey57

Quote from: TexasFordGuy on 2014-09-08 07:02
Gasman,  was this kit made for the 57 or a universal?  It looks very similar to what Lucas use in early British cars, like Jags and MGBs.

Thats what I'm using, but to be honest using a custom-made kit looks more favourable, I'm not getting lazy, I just want to get it finished faster!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

gasman826

This is NOT an application specific kit.  It is a 'one size fits all' kit.  It is NOT for the 'faint of heart'.  It required some cutting and grinding to the cowl and firewall areas but NOT to the exterior sheet metal.