News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Water pump help, 57' 223 Ranch Wagon

Started by young51, 2021-04-05 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

young51

Hello,
New member here looking for a waterpump for a 57' Ranch Wagon with the 223 six.  I've found truck pumps but I'm told the car pump is different.  I believe the rear is covered whereas the truck is open and you can see the impeller.  Any leads on a replacement would be greatly appreciated, either new or rebuilt works.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Lou

Hopefully by the fall this Covid thing is past and the swapmeets will start again.
6 cyl parts at swapmeets are cheap, I mean really cheap. I have never owned a 6 cyl Ford of any year but
have bought and sold some 6 cyl parts in the last 40+ years. With that said I'm sure there are more than a few guys here that can help with pointing you in the right direction.

gasman826

Lou

lalessi1 , that guy on ebay is out of his mind, all his parts he has for sale are priced 4 to 5 times there real value.

young51, I don't know where you live, but here in New England we have many old line parts stores that are willing to search for
any part. 3 years ago I paid $40.00 for a rebuilt water pump for my 56 Crown.

Lgcustom

Here in Houston I was able to find a guy in a little shop to replace the bearing and seal on an Edelbrock water pump. Maybe you can do the same with a little digging.

gasman826

I Googled 'custom water pump rebuild' and got a ton of hits.

young51

Thanks guys the search continues.  Is it true there are potentially 4 different pumps for a 57?  I've been told there are car/truck and heater or no heater outlets.  Sounds overly complicated but you never know..

thomasso

55 thru 57 Parts Book shows one pump, probably the same for newer models also.  B7A 8501 A.  B6A 8501 C is shown for 55 & 56.  Of course this is a car only book.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

young51

Thanks for all the tips.  I was able to find one in San Jose Cali at a company called NOS Only. Apparently they are still out there...