News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cook Islands in February

Started by Zapato, 2014-12-02 22:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

So the wife and I are thinking Cook Islands for a week or so in February. Took her about a second after I suggested it for her to say ''make it happen''. Will be a change from some of the working vacations we've done in the past. Thinking a trip down under will do both of us, but specially her, a lot of good.

So anyone of you guys been there or know much about, going to pull the trigger in a couple days. I appreciate ay feedback before doing it.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

michael m

Do it! Been a couple of times. If you're staying on Rarotonga try the Muri Lagoon area, such as the Muri Beachcomber.

If you're able, take a trip to Aitutake for a day or two.

These are pretty laid back and somewhat remote islands with a little bit of night life on Rarotonga, less so on the other smaller islands. If you like snorkeling it's great, or so I'm told (I just float around the lagoon).

I like it as it's a great way to just veg out for a few weeks. For giggles (if you do you`ll see what I mean) get your Cook Islands motorcycle licence, and remember they drive on the wrong side of the road there.

Enjoy.

michael m

Zapato

didn't happen,and won't this year. wife is a head nurse in a local hospital psych unit (nut house) and they're in the middle of a major expansion. and my wife is one of those 110% employees. have to admit that I understand why she decided it wouldn't be right for her to leave at this time. so instead we'll head down to dallas in may for a few days then off to santa fe. and the cook islands next year. we do have a good friend that's headed to germany to coach their national baseball team so maybe we'll head over there late summer. he has many good friends who love to host americans. so who knows....

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Santa Fe is great...particularly if your into the arts.  It's an hour north of Alburquerque, an hour south of Taos. Lots to do and see. Keep me posted..maybe I'll be headed that way...Dallas or Santa Fe. I haven't done a whole lot in Dallas/FW..usually go there for a show or swap meet or shopping, then get the heck out...really crazy congested.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Zap, let me know if and where you are going in Germany. Maybe I can direct you to some nice car events or other related stuff.
Guenter

Zapato

DJ, if we make it over there this summer will definitely let you know. Not sure but believe our friend is based out of Hamburg not sure wife thinks Dresden. Guess we'll find out Wednesday when he has a good-by gathering at our favorite pub as he leaves the next day.

Zapato

michael m

Sounds like you'll have a full dance card. Happy travels.

djfordmanjack

Zap, if it is Dresden, there is a lot of vintage Racing going on in the former GDR, Eastern Germany. there are a lot of dirt track oval and air strip races in August, September. Very traditional stuff, 30s to 50s, and worth attending. Finsterwalde is just 90km ( 55 mls) from Dresden, an hours drive. If I manage to finish the 57 I might be going to that air strip event, first weekend in September. pre 58 cars only. lots of early V8s and bangers. bikes too.

Zapato

Hamburg, now lets see if we make the trip.

Zapato