News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford wagon in neat old Radio Flyer ad

Started by djfordmanjack, 2017-09-19 13:54

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

the ad kind of tells everything.  :003:

rmk57

It tells me Ford was to cheap to pay a kid $20 for the day so they used a mannequin instead..  Beautiful Del Rio wagon though.  :003:
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

Those are the original colors of my current 57 Custom, that awful doeskin and colonial white...looks like mary kay pink to me, horrible nasty color...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

lol I like it. The '56 Parlane wagon coming up at the October auction in Childress, Tx is that color.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

junior58

My Victoria is that colour, probably not what I would have chosen if buying from new but what can ya do - it's unrestored original.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

djfordmanjack

not the most popular color nowadays, but totally modern back then. Even Elvis had a pink Cadillac.
Somehow I get to like all of those orginal 57 colors and Doeskin tan is not an ugly color by any means. It may just look a bit out of time in 2017, which makes it even better to use it on a 1957 Ford, emphasizing on the real 1950s look IMHO.

John Palmer

As a kid of the 1950's, I grew up in a family owned Toy/Hobby/Bike Shop and was the chief Radio Flyer wagon assembler!  After work, we went to Joe's Hamburger Stand at 58th and Grand Ave in Glendale, AZ., It was located right next to the original Don Sanderson Ford location, and I would go window shopping after dinner, looking at those NEW 1957 Ford colors on the lot.

I agree that the 50's auto colors would not be what we would choose today, but the original 50's colors really make our cars stand out against todays bland whites and silver modern cars.  I have no problem finding my Blue and White Ranch Wagon in a parking lot today, it's always the only one.

lalessi1

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2017-09-19 15:08
Those are the original colors of my current 57 Custom, that awful doeskin and colonial white...looks like mary kay pink to me, horrible nasty color...

Lol. My first '57 (4Dr Fairlane 500) was Doeskin Tan over Silver Mocha. We called it the "pink and brown" car. :002:
Lynn

SkylinerRon

Appliance driving sheepels. freak out when I drive by in my Coralsand/Colonial White Skyliner with

wire wheels and wide (2.25") whites. Bought a 62 Scottie teardrop to tow behind. Should be fun.

Ron.

John Palmer

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2017-09-21 03:04
Appliance driving sheepels. freak out when I drive by in my Coralsand/Colonial White Skyliner with

wire wheels and wide (2.25") whites. Bought a 62 Scottie teardrop to tow behind. Should be fun.

Ron.

Great, Another Ford Guy that caught the camp trailer bug!  Be careful, it's another addictive hobby.