News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

I've only been to Santa Fe once, stopped for two days on the way to Ghost Ranch and Chama. The wife likes the artsy stuff and there is no end to it, just way over our budget  :003: Found a nice swap meet just a little north. Great food everywhere we went and the best lightning and thunderstorm I had ever seen, non stop for 6 hrs...
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Santa Fe during Indian Market week is just insane. I think it's coming up pretty soon. If your a big bucks art collector, you want to be there the first day. Almost everything with a 20K price or higher will be sold on that first day. There are some incredibly talented Indian artists and sculptors that show in Santa Fe and Taos. My favorite artist (not Indian) is Steve Hanks, and he is based out of Santa Fe. All I could ever afford, even when I had my art galleries, were some of his limited edition prints. Last time I checked on some of the prints I have unframed in a storage box in the shed, I had 3 or 4 of his that had gotten up into the 1800. + range. That box has been collecting dust for the past 10 years...gotta do something with it one of these days.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Rich, just had to check out Steve Hanks his work is incredible. Did you know he passed away a few weeks ago? Do him right and get those prints framed and hung up to enjoy.

ZapAto- :unitedstates:

We were there for Indian Art week years ago and it was incredible, wallet took a pretty big hit.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Got a houseful of framed Hanks stuff now, and probably a dozen or so more in storage. No, I didn't know he had passed. That's very sad to hear.  He was amazingly talented. It's hard to believe the medium he used was watercolors given the detail in his paintings.

Zapato

according to his website he was fighting cancer for years, passed on April 21st.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

Rich.... In the old days when we went to the movies, they showed two films with cartoons and newsreels during intermission.    A few days ago I saw an old 1940's newsreel on the TV  about a blacksmith who drove a real cool old vehicle (car/truck) that was shaped like a ranchero.  It also had a camper on it.  Would you or someone allow me to email the pictures of this vehicle to them and post them with this message.   The front of it kinda looks like an early 40's Lincoln.  I would really like to know what it is.   Thanks Jay   

RICH MUISE

anytime Jay. I'd like to see the pics anyway, lol

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-06-15 18:33
anytime Jay. I'd like to see the pics anyway, lol

Rich
    The pictures have been sent to your email. 
    Thank you very much . Jay   

RICH MUISE

I posted them in the "off-topic" section. The more I look at them, the more I'm thinking Willys. If we can't get an answer here, I'll post it on the Hamb.

Ecode70D

Rich
    Thanks for posting the pictures for me.  They are from a 1940's news film about a blacksmith.  The
word blacksmith is on the front of his building.   Jay

Limey57

I don't want to sound ungrateful for the excellent service offered by American parts suppliers, to date it's always been faultless.  A few weeks back I realised I didn't have the F-O-R-D letters for the front panel on the Ranchero (just under the hood) so promptly ordered a set from Macs.  Not cheap at $50, but the surprise was shipping, $28 for posting four small chrome letters?  I contacted them and was assured it was correct, so I ordered them.  Last week I got notification from our Customs & Excise telling me they were in the country but I needed to pay $22 charges (import tax and handling fees) to have them released.  These charges are not only based on the product cost, BUT also include the amount I paid for shipping.

Today they turned up, here they are.  Four small letters sent in a 12" x 7" x 6" box, total weight 5lbs!!!!!  The letters fit fine, but talk about overkill on packaging!!!!

Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

That's gotta be really upsetting....sounds like over kill all the way around. There have been lots of negatives posted about Macs since they were bought by Ecklers, and shipping charges being one of the complaints. 22 for customs on a 50. part seems ridiculous, as does adding the shipping costs in when calculating the customs.

Limey57

The annoying thing is Rich that I just KNOW I'll find the original one's next week!!!!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Can't believe I took so long to post this...especially after Alvin Stadel did a post last week "made another new friend from this forum"...that should have been the title of a thread I did for that weekend. I went up to Colorado Springs for the NSRA show in Pueblo, and before I left I got a message from a new member from Colorado Springs. Les/fdlrc is a fireman in the Springs and bought an outstanding 2dr Custom 300 last year. I met Les and his beautiful wife Kelly at their home Thursday evening and spent about 3 hours there enjoying their company...and of course alot of '57 Ford talk. Kelly is a Texan from Lubbock, not too far from Amarillo, and they come down thru here frequently to visit her Dad, so hopefully in the near future I'll get to spend some time with them again. One of the really cool things I thoroughly enjoyed was a ride to the ice cream shop in Les' '57!! First time I had been in a moving '57 in over 10 years. Les had 3 or 4 people shout out "nice car!!"....usually followed up with "what is it? lol
I was impressed with how well the six with three on the tree rode...reminded me of mine way back when (a daily driver, also in Colorado Springs). Les is retiring later this year and is lining up projects for the car...He's got a gorgeous Ford Racing 302 crate motor and 5 speed sitting in his garage waiting for his retirement days. It's all decked out with a polished pulley system and lots of shiney stuff. Of course a few pics....(I'm the short one)

SkylinerRon

For that package to be 5lbs you would have to glue 4lbs to it!
Carpenter ships under $50 buys for $5.+ overseas duty.

Ron.