News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Looking forward to this weekend. It's the Taos Autumn Run. Just checked the weather...0% chance of rain and a high of 82.....perfect. I talked the wife into coming along with me on this one...first time for a car show together. It's a fairly small show, so she won't be bored out of her mind, and it's in a nice park just north of the Taos square. Only downside to her coming....weather permitting, I normally just bring a sleeping bag and find a nice spot to park the car...lol...ain't gonna work for her....$145. room. I like the room idea too, I'm just too cheap to spend the bucks for just me. All the motels within walking distance of the Taos Square were booked up...got reservations at a lodge a few miles south of town.
I'm hoping the guy I met last year (Garcia..can't remember his first name) with the retrac will be there. He joined the forum but only did one post.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Sandiaman

Sagebrush Inn is a nice place to stay south of town. Free live music.

Zapato

Taos and Santa Fe are 2 of my favorite places in the world, add a car show and its just as perfect as one can hope for. Wish they were day trip distance for me.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Sagebrush is actually where we have reservations.
Sandiaman...I was wondering about your tag....any tie-in to the Sandia area around Alburquerque?
Zap....too bad you hadn't rescheduled your Texas/NM trip for this week...we could have had a nice day in Taos!

Sandiaman

Yes I live in Tijeras. East Mountains of the Sandias.I know Taos well. Your probably talking about the park in Taos as Kit Carson Park. If you like good beer get to the Taos Mesa Grill on 64 on the way to the Gorge. Saturday night in Taos is a fun time.

Zapato

0% chance of rain , I'd take that bet just about any day. I tracked Santa Fe and Taos weather for over a year and when it did rain it was often unmeasurable. Sun screen a wide brim hat and good to go. I always side trip to Angelfire when in the area, very healing time up there.

Zapato

Sandiaman

I have been to that Memorial in Angelfire and it is a solemn place.

Zapato

Quote from: Sandiaman on 2015-08-19 21:15
I have been to that Memorial in Angelfire and it is a solemn place.

helped me a lot, one of the few times in my life when I had to just sit down and cry. found a level of peace that cannot be explained. highly recommend a visit there for any combat vet.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Got back from Taos last night. We had a great trip...except for the car show....there wasn't one!!!
Aparently a late cancellation, and according to the lady at the visitors center, some ticked off people who drove show cars in from all over not knowing the show was cancelled...including one guy who drove two cars up from Oklahoma! I kept telling my wife something didn't seem right..I remembered last year there were a number of banners around town. There were a few hot rods cruising Friday night...I told connie that made me feel better...I was beginning to think I had somehow gotten the date wrong, even after double checking as late as Monday when I made the reservations.

Zapato

Went to the Oregon State Fair today, with a couple of my brothers. Was Veterans free admission day so wore one of my Nam vets hats and was really surprised by the variety of people that came up and said "thank you for your service". Of course ran into several Nam vets and got/gave our familiar "welcome home".  Pushed my baby brother (100% disabled Army Ranger) around in his wheelchair and realized he wasn't getting any kind of greeting. Need to get him a ballcap or shirt. Any way had short talks with vets from WW2 to our current excursions. Good day overall not bitter but would have been nice to have heard it back in the day.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Gas got under 2 bucks a gallon here in Amarillo last week....cool. Almost all stations at 1.98, and 1.88 at local chain of convienence strore/stations with their gas card.

Ford Blue blood

Yup...1.95 - 1.99 here in B-Ham! Don't believe it will last long.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

BWhitmore

How much is Diesel?  Here in Southern California the best price for diesel is $2.49, for gas around $3.35. 

RICH MUISE

Diesel around here for the first time in years came down to about the same as gas about a month ago then they were both around 2.30. Not sure where it's at now, I haven't noticed, but I will.

BWhitmore

I recently read an article that stated the reason for the best price on diesel in several years is that the Saudi Arabians are refining lots of diesel and flooding the market with it.  For those of us driving oil burners I hope it continues.