News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Y Block info

Started by Spare Parts, 2007-01-24 18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Spare Parts

Sometime back I made a comment about Y block info I had read in a magazine.DanTudor57 mentioned he wanted to know more.I have been going through my piles of magazines and finally found some of the info.I could not find all my copies of STREET RODDER magazine but did find  a couple. Starting in 1999 the magazine did a series called Y-NOTTA Y-BLOCK.I have the Dec.1999 and it was the last of the series.I also went through my CLASSIC TRUCKS magazine collection(my last project was a '53 F100)CLASSIC TRUCKS did a series in 2001 called Y-8 Fords.The first issue I had is May 2001 and is part 2 of the series and the last I have is Feb2002 and is part 11.I have no way of scanning any of them,but both magazines are owned by PRIMEDIA and probably have reprints available.I reread a couple of articles and they are very indept.They compare the best blocks,heads, oilpans,etc.to use for build-up.Hope this helps.

Glen Henderson

Those articles had a lot of misinformation in them. The best source of "GOOD" Y Block info is the Y Blocks Forever web site and Y Block Magazine. John Mummert, Ted Eaton, and others have written several good build articles on how to build the Y. There is tons of good info on the web site and if you have a question or problem, someone will always jump in to help you.

shopratwoody

That's typical of mag articles. I've built a lot of f.e.'s and I just laugh at some of the articles and the misinformation.
Later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

DanTudor57

Thanks for the details!

I have the Eickman book, and frequent the y-blocks site, but those articles, even with their misinformation, also had some good points. They also include some pictures, step-by-steps and details that the Eickman book lacks. I do not have all of the articles, but have been try to get the whole series together..

So basically I should try to get all of the issues for '99. That should make things easier!

One more thing to keep an eye out for when I'm out at the swap meets...