News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Car Cover

Started by 4banger, 2010-04-02 17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

4banger

Who sells a quality car cover for my 57 2 dr. custom 300 ? Any recommendation's

wildhog

4BANGER, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR QUALITY, YOU CAN'T BEAT CALIFORNIA CAR COVER CO. I HAVE ONE FOR ALL 3 OF MY 57'S CUSTOM, SUNLINER AND RANCHERO. THEY ARE CUSTOM MADE TO FIT THE CAR AND THE ONE FOR THE RANCHERO FITS SO GOOD, YOU CAN TELL WHAT IT IS UNDER THE COVER. THESE ARE NOT CHEAP, BUT ARE SURE WORTH THE MONEY.   WWW.CALCARCOVER.COM  OR 800-423-5525  HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

John Palmer

I know this is an "old thread", but I felt I should give an update to a deserving product, and company.

About 12 years ago I purchased a custom fit cotton car cover for my 32 High Boy Roadster.  It was used "inside the garage", and has given great service with no signs of wear.  I just toss it in the washer every few years, and it's good to go again.

Since I recently purchased a newly "painted" Ranch Wagon, I was in the market for a new car cover.  I contacted California Car Cover "again" to have them sew me a custom fit cover.  It arrived today "sooner than promised", and the "custom fit" is great.  I see no reason why this cover should not last me another 12 years.  They continue to make a quality fit and material cover as they have for many years.  It was not cheap  at $299.00, but was well worth the price.

RICH MUISE

Good to know...thanks for posting, John. Since these are made specifically for our '57's, I think they need to be added to our links list. I'll do that!
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

Car covers are only manufactured by a couple of co's  who wholesale them to everybody else. They have hundreds of patterns so they can custom fit any car.
You need to compare them by the Trade name of the material i/e "Stormweave", "Sunbrella",ect, that they are made of, Not the company selling them.
The only difference between a Cal cover and a JCWhitney cover is the emblem (and the price!)
Read the descriptions and see which material and price range is for you.
Shop,shop and shop somemore for sales. Btw CCC is expensive on everything they sell.
Goodluck,
Ron.

John Palmer

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2014-07-13 15:45
Car covers are only manufactured by a couple of co's  who wholesale them to everybody else. They have hundreds of patterns so they can custom fit any car.
You need to compare them by the Trade name of the material i/e "Stormweave", "Sunbrella",ect, that they are made of, Not the company selling them.
The only difference between a Cal cover and a JCWhitney cover is the emblem (and the price!)
Read the descriptions and see which material and price range is for you.
Shop,shop and shop somemore for sales. Btw CCC is expensive on everything they sell.
Goodluck,
Ron.

Ron, I agree with 99% of everything you said.

I worked for an internet sales company that ran five different sites selling all kinds of different covers.  They were generic covers and marketed under many different names, but they all came out of the same factory in China.  You could feel the material, and had no doubt it was cheap quality.

In no way were they even close in material quality or fit to the custom fit covers I have purchased from California Car Cover.  I would agree that you pay for what you get, and you can always find something cheaper.  CCC covers are more expensive and based on their quality they are worth the additional cost over a China cover.

I received a custom made cover from CCC to fit my Ranch Wagon, in a custom material, and color in less than ten days.  It was not sent from China.

Not everyone wants or needs a nice fit, high quality car cover.  But if you have a nice paint job and want a quality cover, CCC offers the best cover that I have seen. 

I've never been connected to CCC in any manner, just a long term satisfied customer.

Ford Blue blood

Agree!  The CCC cover I purchased in 1980 for my 36 Chevy is still doing it's job!  Interesting tidbit, I had to order at 36 Ford trunk back sedan cover because they didn't make one for the Chevy.  They told me they would not guarantee the fit and I could not get my money back if it wasn't a good fit.  Turns out it was and still is a perfect fit.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

I was talking about quality car covers only.
CCC and JCWhitney sell the same covers, they come from the same plant.
Again compare the material. Dupont makes the fabrics and owns the names. If it says "Stormweave" it's Dupont no matter who stiches it.
I've bought from CCC&Whitney and others they are the SAME material and patterns.
If you want to spend more for a CCC logo it's ok, I don't.

Ron.