News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Taillight Modifiications

Started by shopratwoody, 2007-01-04 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

57 FORD KUSTOM,
Tom, tell us what you did to your tailights to countersink them. I wanna do something similar to mine.
I don't know if I can get to them enough to work on them without a trunk to go through. I've had them off
off the car to wire etc..I'd just like to sink the stock lenses a little. :109:
Later, RonĀ  :glasses2:
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

Ron   All I did is fill the seam between the stock housings and fenders ,whitch is called moulded and used repro Lee lens. I also have a set of Satolite lens that I use sometimes. :icon_cheers:
        I have seen pictures of sunken lites on 57 and 59 Fords never asked how to do it must be hard to weld on pot metal :icon_eyes:

T 8)M    :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

fomocochoptop

Check out the different styles you can apply with little work except for the 4 tail lite wagon deal.

cool57

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2007-01-05 05:39
Ron   All I did is fill the seam between the stock housings and fenders ,whitch is called moulded and used repro Lee lens. I also have a set of Satolite lens that I use sometimes. :icon_cheers:
        I have seen pictures of sunken lites on 57 and 59 Fords never asked how to do it must be hard to weld on pot metal :icon_eyes:

T 8)M    :unitedstates:
What material did you use to bond the housings and fill the seam? Any cracking?

57 Ford Kustom

I use the brand name Tiger Hair. it has strands of fiberglass in it , have used on 2 57 fords and a 55 crown for tail lites , still have the 57's no problems so far one 57 was done about 15 yrs ago. What I do is remove the housing and sand blast the inside part and also the fender part , stuff the opening of the housing and bolt it on wiping off the axcess. hardens a lot harder than bondo. I also did the h/l eye brows on on of the 57's and going to do the other this year. :003:

T:walk:M   :unitedsataes:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.