News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

carbs

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2023-07-02 17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi,  at a club meeting friday,  teapot carbs was brought up, not a 94, 97, carter 2 barrel  a holly 4 barrel,   but no one could find  a picture, believe they were on a 312 dual carb intersepter cop car,    or any car that might of had them,  any one have a picture   they can send me?,  thanks   jerry

Hoosier Hurricane

Gerald, they were used on many '54-'57 Ford products, yes on the dual four setups on '57 312s.  International trucks also used them.  Thousands of them were produced.

thomasso

Gerald;  I posted picture of my E code under members rides.  Titled Photos by thomasso.  They are I believe 4000 series by Holley. These type carbs first arrived on 49 Mercs and Lincons as 2bbls I think the 4bbls came on Lincolns and Interceptors in 54.  last used on E and F code cars in 57.    They were often called blazing infernos as the lnlet valve plug often leaked and if run without air cleaner and the distributor right behind, well you can imagine.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.