News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

parting out Fairlane 500 post coupe or imitation hardtop

Started by abe_lugo, 2020-11-08 13:37

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

mostly all sold off
unfortunately some thing were easier to sell locally than ship off to people. And I need the space immediately.

Shipping is becoming a hassle for large heavy stuff.

I have the qtr panels, rear sill, catwalk panel, trunk
floors
The guys taking the chassis is still not sure about it. so...

Am keeping most of the random smalls until I am done with mine.

But keep asking, I may let go of stuff.

Attached Thumbnails
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

abe_lugo

Adding some pics roof and qtrs available

Somebody asked about the quote parts.  But here are the qtrs and roof now. 

bill patton

I could sure use a factory AC system with all the parts and even wiring for patterns.  Same with power windows, switches, regulattors, motors, the whole system.  Thanks, Billpatton@aol.com in SoCal.
Bill Patton
58 Edsel Bermuda Station Wagon
57 Country Squire Station Wagon
59 Skyliner Retractable

abe_lugo

terry_208

I need the little plate that the dimmer switch is bolted through.  Is the one yours in good shape?
Terry

abe_lugo

Here is the chassis.  Engine and floor parts.  If anyone needs them local to Los Angeles,CA 90008.  Call me.  I need the space. Ready to move cheap.

terry_208

Has the chassis sold?  I'm still looking for that  small but very important part. 
Terry

RICH MUISE

Abe..you probably know already, but for those who don't know........this Fairlane floorboard (not trunk) is the same as what would be found in a Custom.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Thanks Rich.  I figured with the learnings on the truck lid. 

Trunk lid sold btw.   
Went to Long Beach to fix a Convertible'57.
Qtr panels took a trip to Paris France
Roof and doors are going into a custom Edselero with chopped roof

As for what is mainly
Left is the floors and frame.
I talked to Terry am I believe wine other gentleman about frame parts.  That is last resort to chop up the frame and dump the rest. 

I wish some people that need floors were closer.  It just a hassle to ship such big parts. 

And yes.   Another time bites the dust.  But to help to help other to keep theirs in the road. 

fordrunner390

hi-fred here,i am repairing my 57 fairlane 500 2drht and am in need of the trunk floor-mine is badly rusted being a new york car-is there any posable way it could be shipped to me? i know it is a pretty stupid request, but there is nothing to help me in new york. thanks for your reply------fred

thomasso

Big things like that go much cheaper by bus.  i once shipped an entire top and bow assembly by bus as suggested by the buyer. About 1/4 as much as other shippers.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

abe_lugo

I have been told that bus shipping might not be available anymore, also it quite a large part and the edges would have to be wrapped.

Any one interest, I am willing to try to wrap edges and plastic wrap some of these larger parts. but you need to deal with the rest, I'll drop it off someplace local if you find some to deal with it.

type in freight forwarders Los Angeles to NY on google and start calling.

fordrunner390

hi abe, fred here thanks for the reply, i will see what i can do on this end and get back to you within two or three days so i dont waste your time.   thanks again fred

fordrunner390

hi abe, fred here just have to let you know that i will have to pass on the trunk floor as the cost of shipping is just too high--i will have to sheetmetal repair the best i can. thanks for your help and i wish i were local myself----fred

abe_lugo

HI Fred,
The only other way to do the shipping if it get chopped into about three parts.
The item itself is quite large and cumbersome.

Please email your address if all else fails. Maybe we can find some other route. Send your info through the PM system.
I just dint want to get your hopes up knowing that shipping such a large part is kind nuts.