News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

my 57 meteor ranchero

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2010-04-23 14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

now that i have learned to download pictures,here are 2 of my meteor.i am told they made about 300 in 57

65kcode

Nice car, I just love the grill on that!!
Kevin

RICH MUISE

good looking ride Gary. I'm curious about the side trim. Is the lower positioning the way the meteor rancheros came? Are the Canadian version of the custom 300's the same way? I was looking at your pics and realized that was the trim Bill Burdoff probably used on his custom that was in Street Rodder, where I had prveviously assumed he had altered the custom 300 trim. What was the name of the Canadian version of the Custom 300? I was also curious about the wrap around  grille trim on the front fenders. Is the fender the same as the American version under the trim, or has it been recessed for the wrap-around? Oddly enough I was contemplating doing a wrap around straight bar grille before I had ever noticed that was the way the meteors were. You sure have something rare there...I was intrigued with the letter you had posted from Canadian Ford.
Have a good dayRich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Canadian_Ranchero:

Great looking ride.  Very similar, yet very different.  Brrrr, looks pretty chilly.  Hope those shots were taken several months ago???

I too like the look of the wrap around grill.  Bet the guys at Dearborn & Concours aren't going to help us out with repops though.  Your car would surely take some trophies home from the shows out here in So Cal.

Bob
57 AGIN

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-05-16 13:42
good looking ride Gary. I'm curious about the side trim. Is the lower positioning the way the meteor rancheros came? Are the Canadian version of the custom 300's the same way? I was looking at your pics and realized that was the trim Bill Burdoff probably used on his custom that was in Street Rodder, where I had prveviously assumed he had altered the custom 300 trim. What was the name of the Canadian version of the Custom 300? I was also curious about the wrap around  grille trim on the front fenders. Is the fender the same as the American version under the trim, or has it been recessed for the wrap-around? Oddly enough I was contemplating doing a wrap around straight bar grille before I had ever noticed that was the way the meteors were. You sure have something rare there...I was intrigued with the letter you had posted from Canadian Ford.
Have a good dayRich
RICH the ford custom 300 is called meteor Niagara 300.the side trim is meteor only.only the 300 had side trim in the Niagara models.the trim was the same on 2dr meteor Niagara wagons. the front fenders are the same.my meteor is one of 96 V8 ones made.that is why i am not sure if i should try to make it more original or to modify it

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2010-05-16 15:24
Canadian_Ranchero:

Great looking ride.  Very similar, yet very different.  Brrrr, looks pretty chilly.  Hope those shots were taken several months ago???

I too like the look of the wrap around grill.  Bet the guys at Dearborn & Concours aren't going to help us out with repops though.  Your car would surely take some trophies home from the shows out here in So Cal.

Bob
57 AGIN
BOB the pictures were taken in mid november, the temp today is in the low 70's.meteor parts are a pain to find,no reproduction parts.lucky for me it is mostly trim parts that are different,the rest of the car is a ford,so the parts are the same as the US cars   

RICH MUISE

Is this the ranchero you're setting up with the 4.6 or do you have another?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-05-16 21:05
Is this the ranchero you're setting up with the 4.6 or do you have another?
RICH i have a other meteor i am using to mock up the 4.6 in.when i get it all sorted out,the 4.6 will be going in this one.i am going to try to do the swap with as little frame and body changes as possible.i hate to take apart a good running car,especially at the start of show season

2drhrdtp57

They only made 300 and your putting a 4.6 init??? I would have thought the value would be in originality given its rarity, nice Meteor car truck, looks great as is. :003:
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: 2drhrdtp57 on 2010-05-17 01:16
They only made 300 and your putting a 4.6 init??? I would have thought the value would be in originality given its rarity, nice Meteor car truck, looks great as is. :003:
some one has already put in a 1967 289 and fmx auto,put in a floor shifter and some poor fitting bucket seats.so it is not original already.i have put in a original seat.want to go to a original auto column shift.make the outside of the car more original,same with the inside.i want to make it more drivable,put in the 4.6,disc brakes,power steering and power brakes, sway bars.you get the idea.but do not do anything that could not be put back to original,if i ever find all the parts or have the desire to restore the ranchero.i also found a ford  polaraire under dash A/C unit i want to put in.PS mine is one of 96 V8 meteor rancheros    

Lono

Greetings Gary from just west of you in Vernon, B.C.
Meteors of any sort are getting rare like hens teeth.
A lot of guys in the 70's had ford complex's and exchanged their grills for ford grills.
Even my buddy who had a 55 crown victoria Rideu with a glass top fell prey to pulling out the V and start and replacing it.

I've only seen one other 57 Meteor Ranchero and that was here in Vernon. The owner had it for years then it vanished. I might have to wonder over and talk with him. It must have been at least 8 years ago that I saw it last. As i remember it was a light metalic green (as in was once dark but faded from age).
\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: Lono on 2010-08-13 09:12
Greetings Gary from just west of you in Vernon, B.C.
Meteors of any sort are getting rare like hens teeth.
A lot of guys in the 70's had ford complex's and exchanged their grills for ford grills.
Even my buddy who had a 55 crown victoria Rideu with a glass top fell prey to pulling out the V and start and replacing it.

I've only seen one other 57 Meteor Ranchero and that was here in Vernon. The owner had it for years then it vanished. I might have to wonder over and talk with him. It must have been at least 8 years ago that I saw it last. As i remember it was a light metalic green (as in was once dark but faded from age).
in the edmonton area there is one other meteor ranchero on the road,and know of 3 other project/parts meteor rancheros[2 are stored in my yard]if you are ever in the edmonton area,look me up.

Lono

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2010-08-13 17:26
in the edmonton area there is one other meteor ranchero on the road,and know of 3 other project/parts meteor rancheros[2 are stored in my yard]if you are ever in the edmonton area,look me up.
thanks mate.. likewise.
\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"