News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Few pic of my front end mod, Pic's now!!

Started by johns2000, 2012-12-08 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Here's what I have so far. Pic's to big will have to get back with smaller ones, sorry about that.
This is just a mock up, not sure which way I'll go until it's done but this is getting close to the look I want. Notice the visor I fabed for the windshield looks better in person.

RICH MUISE

John: here's a follow-up on posting pics to easily resize... use the same sequence as I outlined the other day to get to the pic you want to post, but instead of double clicking on it to attach, right click on it and chose the "open with.." from the pop up menu.
From that chose open with paint
click on "image" at the top, then chose "skew/resize"
when that opens, (the % input block should be highlighted), try typing 25 (tab) 25(enter). that will resize the pic to 25% of what it was. (The pic should about fill the paint window)
hit the save-as if you don't want to permanently resize the original, close the paint window. It'll bring you back to the photo's location where you can  just double click as before to attach.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

johns2000

gasman826

Buick style fender vents are interesting.

johns2000

Yea, I always liked that look and since it's going to be more a rat rod I thought what the heck. Rear has no rear external bumper either but internal behind roll pan. Tailgate is custom also with led lights and recessed 50 caddy lights in the rear fins,

RICH MUISE

Man you're taking on a tough project. I spent many many hours trying to come up with ideas for custom bodywork, the main reason being I just always wanted to customize a car since way back in the days of the little custom car magazines. Our cars gotta be some of the hardest on the planet to improve by altering. Spend alot of time looking at body modified 57's and 8's, and you may come up with the same conclusion I did...95% of the mods failed. IMHO careful proportioning and subtle differences can make the difference between fantastik and didn't-pull-it-off.
With that said, let me say I like the cleaning up of the nose you're doing. It's hard to tell from the pics if it's gonna look right though. What I'm not sure about is the way the lower area slants back from the line created by the bottom of the nose piece. If it were me, I'd get that car outside, where you can stand back from it and take a look at those lines compared to the rest of the body.
I probably shouldn't be saying anything though, because of one key word you used..."ratrod". I understand the joys of having a daily driver you don't have to be contantly primping or otherwise worried about, but beyond that it's a concept I personally have a hard time with just cause the whole idea is so radically different. And I'm not saying I don't like them either...can't tell you how many times I've seen something totally off the wall on one that brought a smile to my face.
Just my 2 cents
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

Keep posting photos (and video!)...looking forward to seeing your progress.

Can't help but notice the box on the floor...I used to work for Grainger.

Rob