News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New member from South Carolina Pic of my 57

Started by fb2plus2, 2010-03-14 21:17

Previous topic - Next topic

fb2plus2

Been reading the forum for awhile decided to join. Here is a picture of my 57 Fairlane 500.

JPotter57

Those old scoops are cool, almost got one off a bus last year, but when I got back with my tools, it was already gone...bummer.  Great looking Fairlane..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wolfpupsdad

hivolt5.0

<right click, save as>

Wow, that is a georgous '57!  Thank you for sharing the pics.

So where are those scoops from???  This is the first time I've seen one and it looks great!

David

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

Schoolbuses also had them in the 60's...Usually you can find them on buses or dump trucks, pretty much anything with an F600 chassis and front cap..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

texasmark1

let's see the engine compartment!

Mark
God Bless Texas!

tarheel57

Very nice 57, are you going to have it at the speedway Autofair next month? Sweet little mustang also. :unitedstates:

fb2plus2

Thanks for the compliments. The scoop is off of a Super Duty truck, the scoop was added by the original owner in the late sixties at the same time he put the 390 high performance and 4 speed out of a rolled 66 Fairlane GT in it. He also put a bank of Stewart Warner gauges in it monitoring everything from fuel pressure to differential temp. I actually got to talk to the original owner (he still lives in town) and got all this info, when I asked him about all the gauges he explained he was a truck driver and in his truck he could monitor everything so he wanted this in his car too. When restoring the car it was decided to keep it just as he had it, although I do have another hood painted and ready to bolt on. It's pretty cool because at the cruise ins I have had some older guys come up to me and say I know that car, they remember it cruising and street racing back in the sixties. 

cool57

05gt

Some nice looking rides there!!! Congrats!

rickj

That is one sweet ride you have there. I found one of the hood scoops today and bought it. I remember seeing your car on here and how good the hood scoop look on the 57.

robhaerr

Frankenstein57

Looks good, I think the former owner was on here at times,  Mark

geraldchainsaw

sorry guys,  i like the car,  but the scoop,  not very much,