News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by hiball3985, 2012-11-27 07:34

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

I had recently been cleaning out a 40 yr accumulation of car parts and still had some 57 parts. I saw this guy with a 57 and asked if he was interested in any of them. He told me he had decided to stop working on cars and was going to sell it. The next thing I knew the thing followed me home. After owning 5 in previous years 1966-1980, and 57's always being my favorite I had really wanted another one. I was so happy to see this one was a standard trans and stock 292.. It will soon be replaced with a top loader that I have. I also still have the 2x4 manifold and carbs from my 57 custom 300, it has been sitting since 1970 so will require some cleanup. It has a disc brake upgrade also. I have lots of work to do on many minor issues.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Great looking ride..I like the color combo, just seems "right". Welcome to the site btw...always good to add members knowledgeable about '57's.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Thanks Rich,
I was sure if that color combo was available in 57 but then I got a die cast model licensed by Ford that shows that color. I started building 57's in 1966 but at my age a lot of the knowledge is ancient history but some of it coming back as I fiddle around.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

Jim, nice looking ranchero, welcome!   Mark

hiball3985

Thank you Mark. I can't wait to get her on the road. One problem I have is the tires are hardly worn but were put on in 1998, I can't get new ones until after the holidays. So for the time being I don't drive any further then I can walk back home  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang