News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

No Title Project Car

Started by Lgcustom, 2017-01-21 15:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Lgcustom

I have a chance to look at a project car with no title here in Texas. Anyone know what the procedure would be to get a new title? I don't plan to keep the car, but flip it. Never had any dealings with a car like this. Any help is appreciated.

Ecode70D

Can't help you with a title but my advice is don't put any money or labor into it until you do get a title.

RICH MUISE

x2
I can't help with the title either, but I do believe Texas is easier than many other states. Mine was already titled to me before I moved here.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

I would check with your local DMV. I'm in Oregon and once bought a parts car with no title, never again it took 3 months back an forth to the DMV certified letters to the last registered owner witch wasn't even a residents anymore it was a Midas Muffler more forms and more forms finally got the paper work so a wrecking yard would take a body shell on a frame. It wouldn't matter how great of a deal it is no title no deal at least in Oregon.

SkylinerRon

Go to the DMV and ask for a supervisor.

If that fails go to a title service some times they know more
about it than the DMV.

Ron.

Lgcustom

Thanks for the replys guys. I'll check with the DMV.

ragtop

I have got paper work to get a title from a add. in roundup magazine worked out grate was around 125.00 I  have used them 4 or 5 times

Wirenut

You may have already decided whether to pass or purchase the untitled project, I stumbled on an article this morning about a bonded title. If you haven't looked at that option it might be something to get you the project car. Laws vary from state to state, not sure where texas stands on the option. Looks like you get the vin and a insurance company will make sure it's not stolen and they'll cover you from any previous owner taking the car from you and get you a title. Good luck

VwDrvFnd

I live in Houston and have a similar issue, I bought my car in 2013 with a signed bill of sale and with the expectation the seller was going to get me the title ASAP. Turns out he never registered the car in Texas and there in no Texas Blue title and I cannot get a copy of the California title were the car was last titled and registered.
I have been told by several title company's that my only option is to get a bonded tiitle. In order to do that I would need an out of state vehicle inspection and a special form would need to be filled out by the inspector. With our cars being so old it's just a basic safety check. Then I would be able to get a blue bonded title and if after 3 uncontested years I would be able to get a standard blue Texas Title. But don't quote me on any of this as I still have not gone thru the process.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?