News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WTB Body Mount Kit - B7A-5001-A - Found One!

Started by akusler763, 2022-05-13 15:11

Previous topic - Next topic

akusler763

Looking to buy a standard body mount kit - B7A-5001-A. Dennis Carpenter seems to be the only one who makes them and they have been out of stock for 4 months. If anyone has this sitting on their shelf and wants to get rid of it, let me know.

Thanks,
Andy in MN
1957 Fairlane 500 2-door Sedan w 390FE/C6
2001 Mustang GT Convertible
2016 F-150
1968 Thunderbird w 429/C6

RICH MUISE

Yes, Dennis Carpenter supplies all the distributors. With any luck, you may find one at one of those distributors. Did they give you any projected date for a run? I bought mine years before I was ready for it, but had to wait almost a year, that's when I found out about the supply line problem if DC runs out. Let us know when they are back in stock so we can alert members working on projects.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Wirenut

I had the same problem when looking for mine, I asked them about just the rubber parts and got lucky since they didn't have the complete kits. They were nice enough to scrounge up enough bushings to sell me. I media blasted and painted my original washers and bolts. I don't recall if it was Dennis Carpenter. I'll look and see if I can find the receipt where I purchased them. 

Wirenut

https://www.rubbertherightway.com/
This is not where I got mine but may be worth a try if you haven't tried them already.

KYBlueOval

Yesterday I received in the mail the most recent '49-'59 Parts Catalog from Concours Parts dated 2022. On page 52 they have listings for the individual pieces in a body mount kit. Hope this helps.
John

abe_lugo

you can try Colliers Classics, mostly DC parts  562-986-7600  Tues-Fri/Sat   part # 317-31  2dr or 4dr    part# 317-32 Ford Convert.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

akusler763

Thanks guys. I had tried Concours earlier and they did not have one, but I called and they did now. It is arriving today. I cancelled the one I ordered through Rubber the Right Way in February. Appreciate the advice guys.
1957 Fairlane 500 2-door Sedan w 390FE/C6
2001 Mustang GT Convertible
2016 F-150
1968 Thunderbird w 429/C6

rovohn

I also need to replace my body mounts on my Courier as it's coming off later this year and the chances are slim that none will break besides the rubber is 65 years old.
That being said does the kit from DC fit the 116 in wheelbase cars? according to DC it doesn't fit wagons and Rancheros but I can't see the difference.
Any ideas?
Cheers John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery