News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted: Clear Rear Window Liftgate Glass for '57/'58 Station Wagon

Started by suede57ford, 2022-08-15 12:08

Previous topic - Next topic

suede57ford

I need a nice real glass for the liftgate on my '57 RanchWagon.

My original glass was in good shape but got some welder/grinding pits in it.

I need a "CLEAR" glass to match the rest of the glass in my car.

I have some extra factory green tint rear wagon glass if some one wants to upgrade to tinted glass and some cash as well, but I need clear and good condition.

Thank you for the help,
Pat Fleischman
Lubbock, TX
pmfleischman1@yahoo.com
(806) 441-6094
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

KULTULZ

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

suede57ford

I've contacted them and they listed dark tinted but said could make me on in clear.    Pretty expensive but if it's perfect and new worth it.  The shipping alone is $385.   I'm going to try to make some money so I can get one.

The reason I need a perfect one is I'm getting the windows tinted with a very special window tint called Crystalline that does not look tinted but blocks out nearly 99% of the UV and Radiant Heat.   Its' a very special material that looks like traditional tint when the roll, but installed you almost can't tell it has any tint. This will keep my older cars looking original but block the Radiant heat and UV so that the vintage air unit will be more efficient and keep the hot sun off my kids in the back seat.    This is more effort than regular tint to get done but it blocks more heat than nearly anything else you can buy and most will not know its even there unless I tell you. Since I work for 3M I was able to find out about this Crystalline technology. The original green tint does not block much heat in comparison to this new technology. 
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

KULTULZ

Quote from: suede57ford on 2022-08-17 19:35The reason I need a perfect one is I'm getting the windows tinted with a very special window tint called Crystalline that does not look tinted but blocks out nearly 99% of the UV and Radiant Heat.   Its' a very special material that looks like traditional tint when the roll, but installed you almost can't tell it has any tint. This will keep my older cars looking original but block the Radiant heat and UV so that the vintage air unit will be more efficient and keep the hot sun off my kids in the back seat. This is more effort than regular tint to get done but it blocks more heat than nearly anything else you can buy and most will not know its even there unless I tell you. Since I work for 3M I was able to find out about this Crystalline technology. The original green tint does not block much heat in comparison to this new technology.

Now that is interesting and THANX! for sharing that ...
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

KYBlueOval