News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Del Rio Wagon in MA

Started by djfordmanjack, 2018-10-20 16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Not mine, but very reasonably priced Del Rio 2dr wagon w/o engine. appears to be doeskin tan and Colonial og paint.

https://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/1957-ford-del-rio-wagon/6727239413.html?lang=de

CobraJoe

10 minutes from my house, I'll have to go by there tomorrow.  :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Joe, I feel that even though it looks rough, this might be a very good project car. It seems to be solid in many places that usually are rotted on a 57 wagon. he says it has good front floors which alone is a huge step. Also the price is not bad for a solid Del Rio project, which seems to be very complete. it also has a very nice color combo with doeskintan and colonial white and the brown and golden thread and off white naugahyde interior. it has the cool brown waffer pattern door panels. all outer trim pieces seem to be in place and intact. not much roof rust if any. tailgates look solid. seems to be all og paint which really says more about a car than 100s of restoration pics. You probably would want to pull the frt fenders for your Fairlane, but I am not sure if I could take them off an all og paint car. this car would aslo be a great candidate for the 'patina' look. it has great fades on the frt fenders and all around.
I am looking forward to your comments.

CobraJoe

Wanted to go yesterday morning, but rainy, cold and windy here; hopefully next weekend.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

hoping that you can check it out soon Joe.