News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

procomp motorsports

Started by wv 57s forever, 2010-04-20 15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

wv 57s forever

has anyone had anything from this company?  I'm thinking about a set of their heads. the company is in Ontario ca.

thanks in advance.

shopratwoody

I thought they were Chinese. Could be wrong though.
I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

I bought a set of welded aluminum valve covers that were procomp. I don't know if they are the same, I haven't used them yet. My buddy got a set for his chevy, and they leak oil. He is not happy. Mark

wildhog

PRO COMP WAS AN AUSTRALIA COMPANY UNLESS THEY HAVE CHANGED. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

The heads are made in China, machined in Australia.  The other parts are made in China, distributors, ignition boxes, roller rockers, etc...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

When the prices are that cheap you can bet it's CHINESE
I hate blocksanding!

rmk57

I've heard nothing but negative comments on there 429-460 heads. 460.com forum has a few threads
on their product.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

TexasFordGuy

I have the Procomp SB Ford heads with roller rockers in a 64 289. I added a 302 crank, 30 over speedpro pistons, a mild comp cam, a procomp manifold, Edelbrock 700 AVS carb, and a little porting and polishing that pulled 438 hp on the dyno.  Not bad for a mildly built motor,  I was impressed.  The guys at Dukes Speedmasters in Houston, (www.dukesspeedmasters.com) have been using their products for some time and have nothing but good things about their products. My understanding is the heads are a Edlebrock knockoff know to give little more HP.
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

JPotter57

Allan, I have a friend that runs a machine shop back in TN, did the work on my stroker a while back.  He builds the heck out of those ProComp heads for small blocks, makes a lot of power for cheap with them.  The 429/460 heads are pretty much a copy of the D0VE head, same crap exhaust ports, non-efficient chambers, etc.  Thats why the 460 people are crying. 

Mark, tell your friend his Chevy doesnt leak oil because of the welded ProComp valve covers...It leaks oil because it's a Chevy, duh....If a Chevy doesn't leak oil, there isn't any in it.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.