News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Glass- Auto City Classic

Started by jwag, 2010-04-21 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

jwag

A year or so ago I bought all the flat glass for my Ranchwagon from this company.  It came with 4 pieces for the rear sliders, front door glass and wind wings. It was about $200 plus shipping. The first set came in with a couple of broken pieces. They sent new ones. The second set was a touch too small ( sliders) they sent new ones. I have always believed that you judge companies not always by what they get right but by how they handle things that go wrong. I am sure this company did not make a dime off me because of the extra shipping they had to pay yet their priority was getting the job right.

http://www.autocityclassic.com

800-828-2212

Partsman

I have delt with these folks for glass for my 57 Ranchero and also my 61 Bubbletop Pontiac(gasp).  They have always been very helpful and the prices were very good.  I have seen them at the Goodguys in Del Mar and also Portlanad Swap Meet and Hot August NIghts in Reno.  They have quite a selection of stuff besides glass. 

wildhog

I HAD THIS COMPANY CUT SMOKED GLASS FOR MY RANCHERO, LOOKS GREAT. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Just got my smoked grey tinted back glass for my 2dr Custom. Total w/ shipping (409)was $107.oo cheaper than the place in Oregon that advertises on E-Bay. It arrived from Minnesota here in Texas in 5 days....looks to be correct, tonight I'll do a eyeball fit check.
Good prices, good service....way to go.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Well everything looks like it'll fit fine, however...(hate those howevers)...there is a series of equally spaced dimples in the glass across the top just a little too far down for the seal to cover. I just spoke to the guy at Auto City classic and he said it was from the tongs used to hold the glass during the forming and tempering. (windshields won't have this problem because they are laminated). I think I can hide it with a neatly placed tape or spray a strip of rubber so it'll blend in with the seal. So, I'm not going to bother sending it back, also because...
The glass matches the smoked side glass I had gotten elsewhere perfectly, and when I had my tempered 70D rear windows made, there was a question of  laminated glass not being the same color...so with that in mind I'll make what I got work.
Rich

JPotter57

I would say that when you get your top stainless on, the dimples wont show.  Sounds awesome, Rich, glad to hear everything is coming together.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

LOL....not "coming together" yet...just increasing the collection of components for when I finish this darn kitchen project. It's taking longer to do the finish trim work and such than it did to gut,replumb,rewire,drywall,and install the new cabinets and countertops. Two weeks ago I thought a week or 10 days..now it looks like another week. Hopefully I'll be done by wednesday night so I can go to Dallas/Fort Worth for a few days including the Pate swap meet and look forward to working the '57 project when I get back.
Rich