News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

SunPro Super Tach III

Started by JimNolan, 2011-08-15 11:18

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   I gotta tell you about my experience today with Sunpro. I got this 5" tachometer Christmas before last and didn't use it. Well, last Friday I installed it in the car and took it to Osceola Drag strip to do a little practicing before I came to National Trail and made a fool of myself. The Sunpro Tach wouldn't go over 4000 rpm. The little 3 3/8 Sun tach I have will go to 5000 rpm if you wound it out that far. So, I call Sunpro to find out why the 5" Tach wouldn't work and the little tach would when they were hooked up the same.
   Calvin (the service tech) looked up the drawings and told me they were hooked up the same and that apparently I had a bad tachometer. He said they are usually guarantied for one year but since I hadn't used it they'd send me a new one and I could keep the old one for parts (bulbs, etc). I know it's a cheap little tach. ($100.00) but it's still $100.00 any way you look at it and they are replacing it without anything other than my word. They deserve an A+ for service. Jim

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ford Blue blood

There are a few out there that take good care of us.  Daytona Digital is another although they don't have much for us Ford guys outside of the trucks.  A company that sells door poppers, remotes and soliniods does as well.  I do not remember their name but did have personal experiance with them at the NSRA Nats helping a friend get his door solinoids working.  They had failed because the relays filled up with water as his cowl vent leaked plus they were installed with the plug end up.  Explained all of that to the rep at their booth and he handed me three more relays no questions.  I'll call my buddy and find out who they are and post it here.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Bill..."Daytona Digital"?? are you meaning Dakota Digital? Just curious
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

YES......Dakota Digital.....too many dead brain cells.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

I recieved the new tach yesterday. That must have been a next day shipment. The next time you need a tachometer consider Sunpro. Jim

wildhog

Jim, I had the same deal, bought one of the new 60's style sun tachs. and it would not work, called and they sent me another one and did not want the other one back. Good customer service, but you have to wonder how good the tachs. are????
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

Tom,
   This new tach works great. I wound it out once just to find out. Being an Electronic Tech for umteen years taught me something about electronic circuitry. It's cheap. Doesn't matter if it comes in a plastic case or a metal case, the circuitry is still pretty much the same. And, you figure that the best tach you can buy is probably put together by the same little Chinese woman that builds the cheap ones. Jim