News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Continental Kit

Started by Roger, 2011-12-26 22:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Hi;Has anyone ever dealt with Continental Enterprises from Kelowna,British Columbia.I put down a deposit of $300.00 for a continental kit on Nov,4 and was told it would be shipped on Dec,15.When I recently called they said it would now be shipped on Jan,15.Does anyone know if they are legit or have I maybe lost my $300.00

Ford Blue blood

Roger (and Jerry on another post) it has been my expierience that when dealing with a small outfit (mom and pop or one man) many get caught up in life (Wurth-it) and their service then suffers.  They do not intentionally try to stiff you, just time slips away pretty fast when dealing with issues and that of course leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  Not saying that is the case here, just a possible cause for poor service.  They should give the communication thing a little more effort to help ease your mind as to their intentions.  Of all the vendors I have delt with only one has stiffed me and Pay Pal took care of that with no hastles at all.  I saved every email to and from myself and the vendor, forwarded them as/when Pay Pal asked and in less then 30 days my money was back.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

wildhog

Roger, I have not delt with them in over 10 years, but back then they had a good product, and were a little slow on shipping. I think you will be o.k. in the transaction. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Roger

Thanks for the info.If they have been in business 10 yrs. they have to be somewhat trustworthy.I'll let you know how it turns out.

Roger

After 3 months I finally received the Continental Kit.I'll give the timeline and events.Ordered and paid deposit on 11/04/2011.Was told it would be shipped 12/15/2011 or early Jan.Called Dec.15 and sam said it would be Jan. 15 before shipping.In early Jan They took the balance on the kit ($695.00) out of my checking acct.without my authorization.Of course I called and sam said that was what they normally did when they start production.After my objecting and much discussion he assured me the Kit would be shipped on Thursday or next thursday.I waited and called the next thursday and sam told me the kit was done and would be shipped the following thursday which did not make me very happy so I told him I wanted him to put the money back in my checking account which he said that would not happen.He begged me to wait for him to ship next week and he would pay the postage which he did pay and I received the kit 02/02/2012.The Kit is built heavy duty and good work but does not fit good.So far on the filler panels I have had to do some cutting and will have to do welding to make it fit against the body right.I say all this to maybe save someone a lot of trouble if they had any thoughts about ordering a kit from Continental Enterprises.I would never reccomend this company to anyone.

ragtop

I have got 4 or 5 kits from him. he is slow but all have been good kits and I got a car with a old kit in the trunk never put on and had a problem with it fitting and he fix it for shipping and that kit he built back in the 90s only had to grind the filler panels to fit body have you put a kit on before can be tricky the 1st one or 2

Lou

If you plan to keep your car for a long time and you like continental kits go for it, but if you plan to sell your car in several years it can work against you. 57 Fords are long cars, in a lot of cases too long with a Connie kit to fit in older garages.