News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Antique Auto Battery Manufactoring Co.

Started by JimNolan, 2012-01-28 20:09

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
    You need to know this company. It's not a member of the Better Business Bureau either. So the only way to complain is to sue them or let everyone else know what they produce the best you can.
    I bought a Ford Power Punch replica 550 CCA wet cell battery from them. Once my engine got warm the battery wouldn't start the car again. I took it to NAPA and they checked it and fully charged it didn't have but 280 CCA. They showed me one of thier batteries and checked it the same way and their batteries checked out the CCA that was listed on their batteries. I called Antique Auto Battery and told them the results. They sent me another battery. The second battery did the same thing. It didn't have the cold cranking amps they advertised. They said NAPA didn't know how to check the CCA of a battery and I couldn't get my money back.
   For about a year after this experience I ran a EverStart Battery from Wal-Mart and didn't have any trouble. At a car show a guy told me about the new Optima Battery that was inclosed in a Ford Replica Power Punch case made by Antique Auto Batteries that has 650 CCA and would be a lot better than the underpowered wet cell battery I had previously. Stupid me bought one. It lasted this summer and this winter I put my car in the hanger and didn't start it for about 20 days. I went to start it and it wouldn't turn the engine over. It had discharged just sitting there. The only power drain it had was the clock. Counting shipping I have spent $700 with this company and not had a battery that worked like it should yet.
   In all fairness I haven't called them. I see no reason too. They wouldn't admit they sold replica batteries advertised with 550 CCA when in reality it only delivers 280. So why should I waste my time trying to get my money back on this one. I don't want them to send me another one. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.