Tremec TK600 to 428CJ in Fairlane 500 Complete Installation Kit

Started by Bubba, 2011-01-15 12:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
Do any of you know of a company [any company??] who makes a complete installation kit?
I had one company, but lost or misplaced their contact information :dumbass:.
All that I remember is that last year they sent out an April Fool Message saying everything was 50% off and they were going out of business, as I said it was a joke. Don't necessarily need their info any reputable company will do the trick.
Thanks All
BuBBa

JimNolan

Bubba,
   I'm going to start looking at other catagories on this website. I might be able to help someone every now and then. I used Wedan Street Performance in Columbus, In for my tremec swap. ( 5speedtransmissions.com )  Read the Jan 08 newsletter to get details. Brad Wedan supplied everything I needed except the drive shaft. He knows what works and what doesn't. Also, the pilot bearing I used was a roller bearing style made by Mike Forte. You can find him at Fortesparts.com. He's the one that started this whole thing of putting tremecs on FE engines. Everything out there was copied off him. Except those pilot bearings, he makes them. The total bill on the stuff I got from Brad Wedan was $3250.00. That's counting everything including the oil. On second thought, just contact Mike Forte. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

iamflashman

I did a 428CJ and Tremec TKO 500.  I used a toploader bellhousing.

The company I ordered it from was called http://www.moderndriveline.com/

You order the one with the shortened input shaft for an extra $150 and it will bolt right up to the toploader bellhousing.

Modern driveline also sells the bellhousings and clutches for the whole setup.

They also have good prices and great warranty service.

Here is the direct link to transmissions:

http://www.safepay.net/cgi-bin/shop/cart.cgi?db=mddata.txt&category=Transmission&merchant=moderndriveline
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___