News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Upper radiator hose

Started by FORDNUT, 2018-02-26 08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

FORDNUT

If you have a 351w in your 57, would you see if you have the part number of the upper radiator hose you used? Mine has the radiator neck on the passenger side so the hose needs to come out of the radiator, take a 90 towards the driver side, and then a 90 down to the thermostat housing. Got one of the flex metal kits on there now which does not look terrible but would like to go to pre-formed rubber. Thanks
At my age I am not required to act mature.

gasman826

like this?

FORDNUT

Yes. That's the one I'm looking for.

gasman826

NAPA 8330 for '96 E150 351w...I trimmed a little.

FORDNUT

Thanks. Always get great info on this site.

57chero

I used a Gates #20686 upper and #20276 lower on my Ranchero 351W.

57chero

Another view.

gasman826

The two different installs shows differences that make any question loaded.  My install used one of the last model years for 351w applications.  My donor was a '96 E150.  This application used serpentine belt system.  The thermostat housing points nearly straight up so the upper hose will clear the belt.  The other install uses V-belts and the thermostat housing is at more of a 45° angle with no issue of clearing the belt.  Different accessory drive...different hoses.

FORDNUT

Yep, I did not mention that mine is a SVT crate motor with a March serpentine belt system. Hence, the thermostat housing points straight up. Thanks again y'all.