News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57/ranchero tail peice

Started by 2rusty57, 2018-03-26 19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

2rusty57

Any have suggestions on rusted out tail replacment

Hoosier Hurricane

Finding a good used one is probably difficult at best, although wagons could be the same.  Build a new one by hand?  I think EMS makes one for passenger cars, maybe use one of those and fabricate a center panel to cover or replace the indentation for the fuel filler/license plate.   John

RICH MUISE

Ford Blue Blood / Bill can probably give you some insight into this. I know he went through it at least once. Maybe KYBlueoval / John also. They're both in the middle of Ranchero builds.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-03-27 08:43
Ford Blue Blood / Bill can probably give you some insight into this. I know he went through it at least once. Maybe KYBlueoval / John also. They're both in the middle of Ranchero builds.

I bought a very good one from a yard in Kansas. He might have more, as he claims to have a lot of '57's. Go to the "'57 Parts and Service Supplier Links "on the main page",  click on it,then click on '57 Ford Salvage Info., then scroll to Kansas. His Name is Roger Vahsholtz. I "believe" this panel is common to wagons and sedan deliveries, both '57 and '58. Others here on the Forum are much more knowledgeable than me, could confirm what models share this panel.
John

Ford Blue blood

Roger is a good guy.  Bought a few things from him.  Always exactly as described.

My tail piece was solid but had been "realigned" buy another vehicle.  To get it back in shape took several hours of hammer/dolly work with a little heat to shrink some areas that were stretched.  Got it real close and then applied a coat of "surface leveling material" to true it up.  Would have been better/easier in hind sight to get a replacement but got caught up in the "this thing will not beat me" mode of operation!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

2rusty57

Does anyone have a source of a body to frame bushing set  I have seem them for cars but the ranchero  seems not  to be available  what suggestion out there

Frankenstein57

There was a guy on eBay a few years back, he was selling rust free panels from a collection in California.  I got that piece from him, a wagon I believe. Eventually I scraped that car, and bought a more solid 57 ranchero . I wound up trading that piece to the guy in Ohio, on the HAMB, he was rebuilding a ranchero on a rotisserie. Sorry I don't have names, its been a few years. I wonder if he finished the car. I met him at Detroit autorama, should have seen the looks I got carrying a tailgate and lower quarter corners out of there.

RICH MUISE

Good to hear from you, Mark. Welcome back!
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe