News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

302 Pulley question

Started by rovohn, 2018-03-31 12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

Ok so here is my dilemma,I put a 302 out of a 77 Mustang 2 into my 57 Custom 300,I'm not running Power steering right now.
It seems that the Water pump was run from the P/S and the Alt was run from the crank,does anyone know which pulleys I need to enable me to run just one belt as they don't align right now.
Cheers,John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

wv 57s forever

what happened to the mii?

CobraJoe

Don't hold me to this, but if my memory serves me correctly, I think you need to run the "shorty" water pump to run a single V-belt pulley on the 302. That's the easy part.... Then there is the problem of finding the "special" pulleys.
Might be easier to convert it to Serpentine.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

59meteor

Lots of 302s came with a single V belt to run the crank, water pump and alternator from the factory, with no special water pump. Problem is trying to find an old 1970 and newer car, PU truck or van that was equipped that way. On my old 78 & 79 302 Fairmonts, they had a single belt for the crank, WP, and alt, with a seperate belt & pulley groove for the PS. Best if you can find an intact vehicle and remove all the pulleys and alternator brackets. John, give Garry in Ladner a call.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

CobraJoe

Sorry, I miss-red the post; thought he wanted to run power steering, water pump and alternator on one belt.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

rovohn

Hey Rory
I called Garry this morning,he is bringing a bucket of pulleys out this week
John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery