News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero rust

Started by Charter, 2018-05-31 17:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Nice part is most of the "under pinning's" of the Ranchero are close/same as the wagon and many are the same as the 300s.  The rear area is the same parts for both the wagon (2dr & 4dr) and the Ranchero.  Expand your donor vehicle a little.  Bet there are a few 4dr wagons out there that are beat up on the front end and still good in the rear.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-06-12 21:44
One of the more common areas to rust on most any old cars are the rear quarters........inners(not sure if the Ranchero has them) and outers, so to answer your question, there is a good probability yours are gone too.
I forget where/when/how you got the car, and I realize how hard it is to find any Ranchero, so I'm not sure what to suggest. If it was a more readily findable model, I'd have to think about cutting losses and looking for another project car. Tough call on the harder to find models, and it sure is good to save another '57 Ford in any case.
Yes, Rancheros have an inner panel behind the rear quarter panel. EMS makes a replacement inner panel. Fits sedans, Rancheros and Wagons as I recall.

Charter

KYBlue oval did you buy a rear cut off ?

Charter

Rich, I won't give it up yet. I'm meeting a guy in Nashville TN next week to pickup both doors and a tailgate. There is a ranchero in AZ that I'm talking about getting just the bare body firewall to tail lights.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Charter on 2018-06-13 20:20
Rich, I won't give it up yet. I'm meeting a guy in Nashville TN next week to pickup both doors and a tailgate. There is a ranchero in AZ that I'm talking about getting just the bare body firewall to tail lights.

What condition is the bolt in truck bed? I have 80% of a bed ( starting from the back ). It's in two pieces. I'm in Louisville ...... 2 1/2 hours from Nashville. You can have it if you want it.........read Free!
John

Charter

I'll take it. We are driving right thru your town. Going to Indy for a few day's afterward to see high school buddies.

KYBlueOval

Charlie.........look forward to meeting you.
John