News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

C4 Wiring

Started by rovohn, 2018-06-29 12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

rovohn

I want to hook up the neutral safety and reverse lights but cantt seem to find a wiring diagram for the 77 Mustang it came out of.
there is a 5 wire plug with the following wires
White/Red
Black/White
Purple
White/Pink Dots x2
Can anyone decipher the puzzle?
Thanks,John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

rmk57

Is the NSS missing from your steering column?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

rovohn

My car was a manual,now its a floor shift
John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

gasman826

best switches are on or in the transmission.  I just use an ohm meter to confirm a circuit in P and N.  If you need backup lights, do the same for R.  I have factory schematics for 1977 Fords.  If you're still having trouble, I'll scan that page.

gasman826

- white with purple stripe (W-P) goes to 12+ for the backup lights
- black with pink stripe (BK-PK) goes to the backup lights
- red with light blue stripe (R-LB) goes to safety switch...two wires with the same color R-LB...one to ignition switch and other to starter relay

Since none of these match your colors, my guess would be the two of the same color for the safety switch.  I would still confirm with continuity or ohm test.

wv 57s forever

Seems to me that there is a hole in the switch that has to be aligned at some point.

rovohn

Quote from: gasman826 on 2018-07-01 10:40
- white with purple stripe (W-P) goes to 12+ for the backup lights
- black with pink stripe (BK-PK) goes to the backup lights
- red with light blue stripe (R-LB) goes to safety switch...two wires with the same color R-LB...one to ignition switch and other to starter relay

Since none of these match your colors, my guess would be the two of the same color for the safety switch.  I would still confirm with continuity or ohm test.
Awesome I will have a look today
Cheers,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

rovohn

Reverse lights working,now on to the neutral safety switch
John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery