News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 meteor ranch wagon

Started by meteor, 2007-03-25 20:56

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor

Well, eventually it will be a Meteor (with borrowed grille and trim from my now junk ranchero). For now I'm just gonna fix it up and drive the wheels off of it this year. Next winter the body goes onto my re-done ranchero chassis with a 302/AOD, dropped spindles, front discs etc.

from this...

to this...
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Frankenstein57

Nice ride, looks like a typical 57-needs rockers ,floor work. Congrats, Mark

RAWms

Yea Meteor!!!  Bitchin idea about the stainless trim.  If you are looking for votes on the color I vote for the dark on the bottom.  I think it accents the the low ride.   Have fun, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

meteor

thanks Mark and Roger. I'm pretty excited and anxious to get the car (its out on the west coast of Canada but it came from so-cal). There is side-swipe damage on the driver door/quarter but not bad, both rockers are bad and the bottom rear portion of the fenders are rusted out - but that is it! Believe it or not the floors are still good, a few pinholes around the gas pedal is all.

The ranchero fenders, doors and hood are all clean and ready to go on the wagon, install new rockers, clean up the quarters, spray some tinted primer and I'm ready to roll! well, that's all easier said than done but you get the idea...

57 Ford Kustom

meteor :006:
    You have to start somewhere and this looks like a good one, and at least you still have a good attitude and some good parts from the disaster to make a good ride.

T :burnout:M   :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

meteor

finally did a drawing of what my ranchwagon will look like with the Meteor trim...

shopratwoody

That looks really good!
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

That looks great, Matt...cant wait to see more....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

DanTudor57

Meteor,

Drop me a private message we should chat..

I have very similar if not identical plans for my ranchwagon.  I picked up the Canadian grill and stainless about 8 years ago. I still cant decide which stainless trim to go with -- a '58 ford set or the meteor set.. I picked up the wagon 4 years ago. I started quite a bit of work on it before the family 'happenened'.. Dropped it on bags, RnP steering w/ original power steering pump. power front Wilwood disck brakes on Granada spindles,  Aluminum finned Wilwood master cylinder, TBird IRS, Cobra WC T-5 behind the 292, Bucket seats (still figuring out if I go with the Mid 60's lincolns or the 2004 Tahoes..). '58 hood.. I have 7 Tan hides waiting for the upholstery job. Shaved handles all the way around. Electic fan, electric  wipers, electronic ignition, rewiring, etc etc etc..

Lots of good stuff, and load and loads of work to do.. Unfortunately it is on hold until the little one gives me more time work on the hobby, Or all the extra hours in the office give me enough of a salary boost to have someone else continue the work...

BTW I'm in souther California, and sure could use some Meteor emblems if you have any laying around...