News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Zealand 57

Started by alstoy, 2010-11-29 22:37

Previous topic - Next topic

alstoy

Well its all done. on the road and cruising. Have a look at the link below, tells the whole story.

Cheers

http://www.v8.co.nz/articles/1957-ford-country-wagon-group-therapy-68#more-27626

RICH MUISE

Outstanding job all the way thru. I wasn't sure I was going to like the paint color when I looked at your early build photos....but I was wrong..your wife picked a great color. Engine bay looks super....just a real pretty car all the way around.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

WOW!!!  That's an eye popping wagon.  Nicely done through out.

Bob
57 AGIN

Frankenstein57

Awesome job fellas!  I give it two thumbs up.  Hope mine turns out at least half as nice.  Mark

cool57

Beautiful! I like the unique paint treatment on the roof.

shopratwoody

Nice job Guys. It turned out great, Love it!
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

alstoy

Thanks guy's for the positive comments, I also appreciate the help, comment, idea's I have got from this website. The 'Trainspotters' (not sure if that is term used in the US, means someone who knows all the details about generally obscure topic's, like 1957 fords) out there will have noticed one imperfection. The right front top fender trim is not correct, it is the wrong one. It came with the car when I got it but did not notice it until rebuild. I posted a query on this website for anyone with a spare. I have just recently got the correct one, after the magazine photo's were done. As it needs the fender removed to replace it I will wait for a rainy winters day to replace it. Incidentally I found the trim here in New Zealand !

There are many other small imperfections that I know about but are my imperfections and probably only ever noticed by me.

Thanks again

wighty

Your wagon is really beautiful to look at.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.  I get many construction ideas from seeing what others have done.  Can you tell me what radiator you are using.  It looks like a direct bolt in.

alstoy

No not a bolt in, a generic Aluminium radiator that was as big as we could find, that would fit into the gap. We then fabricated rubber mounts etc to fit it. What does not show in the photo's in the transmission cooler, it is one of the cylinderical finned ones mounted low down in front of the Radiator. At this stage we are happy with radiator performance, bit if need be we may look at a front mounted 'pusher' electric fan. Probably wont need it but there is plenty of room.

Cheers

alstoy

You may be interested in this, a rough video of the cars first start. The car is getting close to finish but yet to be detailed. The smoke when it warms up is the paint on the custom headers heating up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEU0Zn2T268

Thanks for your interest

clubsedan

That wagon is really nice, love the pictures. 
Wes

alstoy

It makes it all worthwhile. I often wondered on the late nights we worked on the car, the debates (arguments ) we had and sometimes, the cost, if the car would get used. I spent this morning with one of my sons polishing it and cleaning it. It is a wedding car (along with the 66 Galaxy in the video) for one of his mates. My other son is driving the Galaxy. They get the opportunity to use the cars, show them off. It makes it all worthwhile.

Although to be fair, it was my fuel card that filled the tanks, but you fathers out there will understand that. 

Limey57

That is lovelly!!!!  The colours really suit it.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

62galxe

The Piks dont do the car justice. I was able to see the car at americarna show. It gave me a lot of insperation for mine.

robhaerr

I love it...nice work!

Can't wait to get the 302 into my 'wagon...

Rob