News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My 57 Ranchero ( this time around)

Started by shopratwoody, 2007-07-11 18:03

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

W   
well it's Painted and Rubbed out, still needs side windows and some int work.
I hate blocksanding!

wolfpupsdad

nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like it. good job

Frankenstein57

Sweeeeeeeet ride!  nice job. Classic looks with nice updates. Did you keep the drivetrain the same as it was?

57AGIN

Ron:

Looks like the ride is about ready for the Labor Day Cruise at Orange County Fairgrounds and some of the other Local shows this Fall.  Hope to see you out at a few of them.  Love the way the Ranchero sits (great stance).

Bob
57AGIN 

shopratwoody

Thanks Guys, It's a .030 over 70 429. Cam, Intake, Headers, 10" converter with 355 Posi. Nice street motor.
I,m going to drive it like this till the bank account recovers a little.
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

Ron,

What type of front suspension and oil pan are you using?  I'm assembling the engine for my Ranchero, as money permits, 1970 429 block with 501 Scat stroker assembly.  Haven't picked out the heads, or cam yet.  I'll be using a Moroso rear sump oil pan, but don't think it will clear the stock front cross member. Any information on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gus Palmisano
Yuma, Arizona

briney

Shopratwoody,

Fine looking car.  Drive the hell out of it!

Patrick / Dallas, TX   :coffee2:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

shopratwoody

Gus,
I've alway used front sump oil pans. Even Drag Racing for many yrs I used a Moroso pan with the divider in it
to keep the oil where it belongs (FE Mtr back then). Never had any trouble even with violent starts.
I'm using 429 CJ Pan.
take care, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

BTW, the front suspension is stock....spindles are Torino, for the Disc brake set up
later, Ron :004: (cut Coils)
I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

Ron, did the torino spindles give you that ride height? It sits really nice. I've got a set, I think they're mid 70s vintage, thanks, Mark

Marc

That's one sweet looking Ranchero, Ron! Excellent job!!

shopratwoody

Mark,
The Spindles do lower it a little bit. I used the springs I had cut with the for the old spindles. It does'nt
have much clearance to the stops, but I don't mind. Mid 70's would be good, because they have good
size wheel bearings. Just be sure to use the right proportioning valve. The rear is just blocks with the
housing narrowed a small amount.
Good Luck with yours, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

meteor

Ron, great looking ranchero. The headlight rings turned out really well, I'm doing the same with mine.

Are your rear wheel wells tubbed? I'm trying to figure out what wheel width I can run in the back, trying for a bit of dish...

thanks
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

shopratwoody

Meteor,
I didn't tub mine,it wasn't nec. The rearend is narrowed 1 1/2" over all. The wheel openings are mildly
radiused. I run 8" Americans on the rear w/275-15's. The rear tires are close to the springs, but that
doesn't bother anything. Good Luck with yours.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

meteor

Hey Ron, when you did your 'frenched' headlights, did you use a gasket of some kind behind the trim ring? just curious to see what others have done. thx

Matt
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com