News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New member from Central Oregon....

Started by BBoswell, 2013-05-29 16:45

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

Hello . . .

I'm an old hot rodder who is new to the forum, new to Fords and specifically new to 1957 Fords.
I had one when I was in High School (early 60s) and now some fifty odd years later I own a Ranchero.

I will be asking a lot of questions (most probably dumb) and look forward to meeting some like minded car folk.

Attached (I think) is a photo of my new toy.

BWhitmore

Welcome -I too have a 57 Ranchero, 312, 3 speed on the column and I have family in Eugene.  Pictures of my Ranchero are posted under General Discussion (Ranchero pictures and other).

I have some extra Ranchero parts if you ever need anything just let me know.  All Free to forum members.  Do you need a nice 57 Rancheo frame?  I can't ship it but I am in So California.  FREE.

Frankenstein57

LAUDY57

"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

57tudor

BBoswell,

Welcome to the club. I love your Ranchero, but I want to know more about it. It looks mean in the pic, so tell us about all of the performance goodies under the hood and to the rear. I'm the second owner of my car, picked it up back in 69 for $50.00 bucks and, this was also my first car when I was in High School. Post some picks in our Gallery when you get a chance.

57 Tudor.
:smtree2:

57AGIN

BBoswell:

Welcome aboard and a great looking Ranchero.  I'll echo the "great stance" comment.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Welcome, and ditto again what they said. I'll bet this Ranchero is just a little different than your first! Love the Graphic paint job, esp the Faux trim. More pics,info.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

Welcome!

Wicked looking Ranchero....and yes....MORE PICS!

Cheers...
Rob
'57 Ford Country Sedan

BBoswell

Wow? what a great welcome response. Happy to see so many active '57 folk.

The Rancheo is currently down while I make it more daily drivable. I had to remove the wheelie bars, air damn and tune it down a little. I also have to raise the front end slightly as it is only 1" off the ground . . . which proved to be a problem on potholes and railroad tracks. I will post what photos I have and post more when I get it back on the street.

BWhitmore:
I actually live just south of Eugene in Creswell. Cool deal with your parts. I only need two things at this point . . . a pair of arm rests and a source to get a good tonneau cover. I would love to have the frame in case I ever decide to go back stock but Oregon is a long way from SoCal.

57tudor:
Here's the info you requested on the motor. It's 390 CID Ford FE V8, bored 0.060 over with fat, oversized valves on high lift Comp Cams performance cam and TRW flat top pistons. Other engine components include an Edelbrock manifold, 750 cfm Holley double pumper carburetor, high energy ignition system, and Milodon one piece gear drive. It has a C6 automatic transmission modified for sure shifts by B&M, a narrowed 9 inch Ford limited slip rear with 3.89 gears and huge Hoosier rear tires. I've attached a couple of photos.

Rich Muise:
Way different than my first '57. Back then I barely knew how to drive. I'm really happy with the paint job . . . with the possible exception of the real flames. I keep going back and forth on keeping them or getting rid of them.

Thanks again to everyone for for the great welcome and the cudos on the Ranchero.

57AGIN

BBoswell:

Very, very nice.  I, too had to raise my 57 a bit, as the electric header cutouts kept banging on speed bumps and some driveways.  But I still wish I had a bit more "rake" on the front end.

Bob
57 AGIN

BBoswell

I love the stance and I'm not at all excited about raising the front any . . . but it's just too low to be safe as a daily driver the way it is. I guess it's just the price I pay to be able to enjoy the ride.

Cool color combo on your '57. I've been slowly going thru the gallery and the forum members have some really outstanding '57s.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the add'l pics. Awesome car. I love the interior. You made a great score..I wouldn't change a thing except, since you bought it up, those flames. It would have flowed so much better without them.
What you and Rick were talking about..I love the stance, but it's gotta be driveable. One of our oregon members (Zapoto) bought a business coupe a while back...project car that already had some heavy mods to it, including being channeled. At first I couldn't figure the "why" with as much work involved..then it finally dawned on me.... The look of the lowered ride height without the hastle of road clearance.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BBoswell

That's the way I'm leaning on the flames. I'll enjoy it for the summer and that will make a good winter project. I have a buddy in Nashville that does fantastic pinstriping and I've been trying to get him to come out for a visit. Maybe telling him he has a large white empty canvas to strip will motivate him. Wow now that'a two winter projects.

F570RD

Nice!Put the flames out and install a teardrop hood........Just my opinion angle.The FE is pretty cool too.