News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 conv. resto-mod

Started by rockymountaincustom, 2008-02-14 12:58

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Rocky Mountain:

Wow, awesome ride.  How far is it along now.  This will be a real classic Sunliner restomod.

Bob
57AGIN

rockymountaincustom

Thanks. The frame is about done with the mock up. Still have the steering to deal with(look at the forum for steering) then we will tear it all apart. The customer wants the frame powder coated, then will put all of that back together. The body was in alot worse shape than we thought. Had to replace the entire floor and both rockers. I will post some pictures of the car in two pieces. We are a little behind schedule but still have plans of completion by late spring.

57AGIN

Rocky Mountain:

Yes, unfortunately the Ford engineers in 1957 blew it on the cowl drain, passing it through the driver compartment with only a thin rubber tube.  I think that got just about all the 57 Fords over the years with floor pan rust/rot.  My 57 is and as far as I know has always been a California car, I still had to replace my entire floor pan and most of the tunnel.  The rest of my car was in good shape rust wise.

Good luck with the restomod work.  Your customer is a lucky one.

Bob
57AGIN

cool57

WOW! Your talent is showing! :003:

fomocochoptop

Looks Really Good.  Just had a question on the Front Suspension Components-  would that set up be from Control Freaks- i read last year the
Blue Moon automotive was going to be featuring a 1957 2 dr.wagon with Total control or Control freaks Tubular control arms upper and Lower and was curious if thats what you are running?

rockymountaincustom

my control arms came from gear head cruisers. you won't find much good to say about them around here, but it sounds to me like that is more about there steering systems. I ordered the control arms and front and rear sway bars from them and the Quality is great. The front sway bar seems to be made to fit the stamped steel lower arm, but can be made to fit the tube arm with a little fab. The rear sway bar brackets had to be fabed because we are running air ride and a 4-link so there brackets did not work at all, but I new that going in.

rockymountaincustom

added some pictures, you have to click on the links for photo bucket. Do not understand why I cant do the same thing twice on this darn computer. more to follow.

DanTudor57

Would love to see more pictures of the frame. The bagged 4-link option is something I opted out of and went with Bagged IRS. I've had many second thoughts on that move, but it is all WIP so I might go back to the straight axle 4-link.

rockymountaincustom

the triangulated 4-link I used was a generic kit from air ride tech. Nice kit, only had to modify some pieces instead of all of them. If you send me your e-mail address I could send you some pics of the frame. I wish I could figure out how to add more pics to the gallery. I will have to wait for my wife. But I can e-mail them to you. My e-mail is fullborerepair@yahoo.com