News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

After market parts

Started by mtwilsonboy, 2009-07-03 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

mtwilsonboy

Im new to this forum. I just bought a 1957 retractable, and was wondering if there is any company that makes after market body parts, as in fenders hood etc.

Thanks,

shopratwoody

Welcome to the forum. I've never found any.
I hate blocksanding!

mtwilsonboy

How do classic ford owners get fenders and quarter panels that are good? Do we just look for the best used and fix them or what do you guys do for good parts?

KidKourier

You can get small replacement parts from EMS in Cleveland,Ohio such as full floor pans and bracing,headlite mounting panels,front fender upper cap,rocker panels,lower front fender patch,front and rear lower quarter panels,etc.Other wise for front fenders,hoods,doors,etc. you will have to go to automotive swap meets or auto recycler advertisers or post your wants in such advertisers.Also go to car shows and talk to fellow car guys(not just the Ford guys cuz there are others that may know of parts or parts cars that they wouldn,t touch because it;s not their brand) I make up a sandwich board with what I,m looking for and walk around with it on my back that way not only the car show guys but John Q. Public also sees it,they have a habit of coming up and telling you that someone they know has that same car or parts in their garage or backyard that's been there for years and might want to sell it! Also advertise here and other Ford websites,someone might have an extra part your looking for lying around that your looking for or know of people that sell parts for '57's! Good Luck--KID

mtwilsonboy

Thanks for the imformation.

Ford Blue blood

Most all body after market parts will fit (rear floor pans exluded).  There are a few exceptions but join the Skyliner club, those guys have more information than you can throw a stick at in two days.  Google Skyliner and you will find a bunch of sources.  Watch ebay (I know but it has been a source of several small items I have needed) every day, my search is "57 Ford" in all of ebay motors.  Many folks list 57 parts with the word "retactable" when in fact the part will fit on any 57 and most 58 cars.  Get the books, both the parts manual, repair manual, electrical and sealing manual and the retractable manual.  You can not do a retractable back to stock without those books!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mtwilsonboy

Where would I go to find those manuals?

Ford Blue blood

Google Classic Ford parts or 57 Fords or retractables, there are about a dozen out there that will have the books.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

Two sites you need to be familiar with

www.skyliner.org

www.1957Ford.com

They have it all.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill