News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hello! (newbie intro)

Started by greaseball, 2008-01-17 15:24

Previous topic - Next topic

greaseball

Hey, how's it goin'?
The name's Justin, but the handles "greaseball" (used to LOOVE that rock-a-billy music, and I pegged the name cause of the hair, way-back-when)
I'm working on a full-custom 2-dr fairlane 500, but I have also owned an extremely low '57 Ranchero for a few months (it's gone now).
The fairlane is getting the 5.0, 5-spd mustang swap, and I've already found some great tech tips on this board.
Looking forward to the membership, Thanks!!

shopratwoody

Welcome Justin,
Glad to have you here. You'll get responses on your swap I'm sure. I can't help cause all
I've ever run is FE's and 385 serie stuff. I did have a full custom one once with a 289,
but I think that was a bolt in.
Good Luck, Ron
I hate blocksanding!

wolfpupsdad

welcome to the forum, love to see some pic's ofyour project, enjoy your stay and jump in on any of the subjects and feel free to ask any questions , tons of info here.

greaseball

Well gosh-darn!
I tried to post pictures with my introduction, but dial-up and a lack of computer knowlegde has foiled me again!
So, I'll try to sum it all up, but pictures are worth a thousand words;
my car has:
a 57 desoto grill, dual headlight combo,
a 58 hood with the scoop filled
58 edsel wagon taillights
56 poncho split rear bumper,
58 edsel dash
64 continental steering wheel
58 continental hubcaps
84 mustang(ed) drivetrain (real hot rods have 3 pedals!!  :003:)
and all the "typical"custom touches (totally shaved, etc.)

I hope these customizations don't offend anyone,
When my grandfather gave me the car, I decided I wanted to make it as special as him,
the ONLY one!!!
Something to be remembered forever!!
So that is why I did such drastic changes,
Sure, an outsider will tell me I ruined the value of the car,
but this way, I know it's as special as the man who gave it to me!!
The only one in existance!!

Just like Grampa!!

57 Ford Kustom

Welcome  :006:
    Read the first page of site it states that all 57 Fords are welcome. That is one of the first things I saw and then joined. As you can see my car is not stock the one I gave my son is not stock eather.
    You need to use a photo service like Photo Bucket (no charge) to get pictures on this site easy.
     Glad to have you aboard enjoy the ride.

T 8)M  :unitedstates:  :burnout:

aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

smurfee

WELCOME ABOARD, hope you enjoy this sight as much as we do, sounds like a gread ride you are building - I'm old so it sort of reminded me of an old song about a guy that built a 55,56,57,58,59,60,61 & etc caddy haha, SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf: :006:
NEVER LOOK BACK

JPotter57

Kustom is right: ALL `57 Fords are welcome here.  You can use the gallery button at the top row of buttons and add photos there easily.  For adding photos to your posts here, probably best to use photobucket to host your photos.  Echoing what everyone else has said, welcome, and I hope you enjoy the forums...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

fomocochoptop

Welcome to the Forum- Hope to see Photos of  your Car Soon-
Im Curious to know where are you Located?
I was thinking of running a 1957 Desoto on my ranchero but stuck to my original plan So i decided to try on a 1957 Ford Truck-

greaseball

Excellant!

Smurfee- I'm sure you know the guy you're thinking of is Mr. Cash,

choptop-
I'm up "north", 1 hour and 1/2 right outside Sacramento
And I'm amazed how cool the set-up looks on the truck!

Everyone else, again, thanks for the warm welcome and I'll try to post pics ASAP!