News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 color combination of Inca Gold and Dresden Blue ?

Started by djfordmanjack, 2015-02-27 05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

I was just checking the 57 color chart and saw these colors next to each other. Does anybody know if this color combo was actually available or does anybody have a car with a color code like this ? I can't remember having seen one. could be a striking combination.

petew

According to 1957ford.com those two colors were not offered together.

John Palmer

57 Ranch Wagon's look best in E and C! 

No, I'm NOT biased, LOL.

Zapato

not sure I'd want to run around in a car that looks like it belongs at a gathering of cub scouts.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

djfordmanjack

I see your point of view. Zap,I never thought about the boy scout color combo. I think it would look great on a Convertible or Skyliner.
John, you are right I think that the base model Ranch wagon looks great in blue/white. the Ranchero also. it is rare on Del Rios, but not bad either.  Rio's are hard to beat in Inca Gold/Colonial White.
My favorite 1957 color Combo is Willow/Cumberland Green on Custom 300s. it just kills me.
Pete, that's what I thought. Do you think that one could have special ordered something like this in 1957 ?

Contibob

I am with you DJ. The Willow/Cumberland on the 300's is amazing. Back in the 50's You could pretty much get any combination of colors you wanted. If you couldn't order it from the factory, the dealers would paint it what ever color you asked for, for a price of course.

John Palmer

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2015-02-27 14:21
I see your point of view. Zap,I never thought about the boy scout color combo. I think it would look great on a Convertible or Skyliner.
John, you are right I think that the base model Ranch wagon looks great in blue/white. the Ranchero also. it is rare on Del Rios, but not bad either.  Rio's are hard to beat in Inca Gold/Colonial White.
My favorite 1957 color Combo is Willow/Cumberland Green on Custom 300s. it just kills me.
Pete, that's what I thought. Do you think that one could have special ordered something like this in 1957 ?

I have a friend putting a 57 Del Rio together currently.  It's a 460, with a C6, and the original color code is Willow, and Cumberland green's.  It will look very nice when it's finished.  I almost bought this car before I found my Ranch Wagon, which is painted like a Handicap Sign, LOL.