News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

First test ride pics !!!

Started by kens65fb, 2016-04-09 18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

kens65fb

Finally went on a decent test drive.

lalessi1

That is a an awesome Ranchero! Congrats on that test drive. I tend to be a little more "stock" but your car is very slick, love the headlights and grill...
Lynn

Lucky'57

Yes Sir, that's a good looking unit. And if you got a vote from Lalessi1 you got mine! Nice Truck. Drive her like you own her.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Zapato

Outright gorgeous!  Would like to know about the roof. Is there a sunroof  on there?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 imposter

great job, that looks like a JW Enterprises Glory grill 1/2" tube it really looks good I used the 3/8" and almost think I would have done better with the 1/2" tubes. I too am curious about the top.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I was curious about the roof as well. That is a gorgeous car, Ken!! well done. Now I'm gonna have to go back and check your posts to see if there's a build thread on it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

clusterbuster

Frankenstein57

hiball3985

Not my style but I can appreciate the work you have done, looks very nice..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

It's always a good feeling to get one out.  Now continue to drive and enjoy it.

BP57CUSTOM

Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

kens65fb

Quote from: Zapato on 2016-04-09 20:22
Outright gorgeous!  Would like to know about the roof. Is there a sunroof  on there?

Yes, when I got the project, a previous owner has already cut the roof, I was going to close it up, but decided to go bigger.
The roof opening is almost as big as the canvas top, which slides to the rear.
After the car is back fro the interior shop, I'll post a picture.

Here is an OLD pic of this type  of top on a 57.
The website is here ftp://http://www.slidingragtops.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwlq24BRDMjdK7g8mD6BASJABBl8n3izpMFg1ntt58mh0GmbgJTaI8PMt06jYzwiJdiX95wxoCB2vw_wcB

Zapato

When i first saw the picture  immediately thought volkswagen fold back top due to its bulk. Seems my first thoughts were on the right track.

Ok!all corrected so it makes sense. No happy hour Rich (25 years sober) just this wonderful auto correct on my cellphone that haven't figured how to cancel.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

very nice and congrats!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com