News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

stolen car

Started by Ecode70D, 2018-08-12 14:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

This is not a 57 Ford but it is a real bummer. Hope that you guys can open this link

86-year-old classic car stolen from Dartmouth - WPRI.comear-old classic car stolen from Dartmouth - WPRI.com86-year-old classic car stolen from Dartmouth - WPRI.com

Cobra Joe if you see this would you please fix the link. I can send it to my email , but can't post it on this site.

Lou

Please post more info, years ago I had 2 cars stolen from me, my 41 Ford coupe, and my 55 crown vic, so I know what a bitch it is.

CobraJoe

IDK the car, but I do know who the person is that owns it.

DARTMOUTH, Mass. Police are searching for an unusual car reported stolen from the town of Dartmouth: a classic Ford sedan, which dates back before the Second World War.
The Dartmouth Police Department posted photos of the black 1932 Ford Tudor sedan to their Facebook page, calling for the public to keep a lookout for the stolen vehicle. Anyone with information who could help find it was asked to call Det. Joe Catana at (508) 910-1781.
In the photos, the black two-door car sports tires that have white walls and red trim, as well as a red front end.

There was no information on where the car had been before it vanished.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Mark and Joe
    Thanks for fixing it and getting the information out there .  It's personal when it happens to someone that you know.  I read somewhere that it was stolen from his garage next to his house.  Earlier, a neighbor saw a strange car with 2 men inside.  When he approached them, they drove away quickly.
Obviously they came back later and got the car. 

This kind of thing is not good.  We have to be very careful about our cars.  Usually when this happens, the cars are never heard of or seen again.   

I remember an old electrician friend in the 50's that had his every day driver 55 Ford stolen.  It was a former Mass State Police car. ( It was a 2dr sedan plain Jane car).  He was a radio technician  and knew about electricity and how to rig his car so that's what he did when he got it back.   One night he heard someone screaming outside and when he went out, he found a guy with his hand stuck to the door handle of car.  That guy / crook got the honor to be a hurting puppy.  As I recall, the electrician never bothered to call the cops.   FWIW, It's against the law to set a trap. That was done about 1958-9. 
Jay         

hiball3985

Hope it isn't in a shipping container already  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

I hate to say it.. but I would bet that car is in a million pieces and spread around the East coast......
Too bad we can't cut off the hands of Thieves........ Sorry about this
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Lou

If it's a hotrod it's worth more split for parts, original cars are easier to track because their usually sold complete. That said my 2 stolen cars were restorations and never found.

Ecode70D

Lou
    Were both of your cars stolen at the same time?  I hope that they were insured.  I don't think that I could ever get over such a horrible thing like that.  We all have to be ever watchful.   You will be surprised at how many times that I have seen keys left in the ignitions of cars at car shows and cruises and the owners are
nowhere in sight.  Lots of people have spare keys that can be used if they lose their keys.  What is to stop someone that's targeting a car to steal the keys, then steal the car somewhere else at a more convenient time?  It's almost like if they want the car they are going to get it.      Jay 

djfordmanjack

Very annoying report. too bad for the 88.888 # plate as well. thieves will get their punishment, this or that way. let's hope it can be recovered somewhere, still all in one piece.

Ecode70D

Guenter
    I kinda sorta think that that I have seen that plate at one of the local cruises, but can't be sure. 

Thieves usually don't work for a living and that's their chosen profession. It falls onthe backs of the poor guys that work very hard for what they have.  Apparently they don't care about the people from whom they steal.
      I'm starting to lock my cars whenever I go someplace, even if it is at a car cruise.  JA

djfordmanjack

Jay, thats a highly unusual plate # especially for a 32 and Mass antique, which has to be the real unrestored deal. somebody obviously put a lot of love in that Deuce. We will never understand thieves. In todays world they obviously watch collectors cars TV shows and think, wow thats a million. This car is worth nothing to somebody not in the knowing. It means everything to somebody who understands and probably built with his own guts and hands. How can you even steal that. No chance, nobody can ever steal the experience of having owned or built your own very private hotrod. Thieves and people possibly purchasing parts of it are not our friends. easy as that. they shall go to  ****. I appologize for my rough words but I do mean it.

Lou

Ecode70D, My 41 coupe was stolen in 1964 from a friends garage in Bridgeport, CT I parked nightly it at as it was y-block powered and was almost a daily driver. My 55 Crown was stolen in 1975 from my ex girlfriends' garage (I owned 1/2 the house and she was buying me out) I know but can't prove her teenage son stole it, I don't think she put him up to it as she had more to lose than gain by pissing me off. The kid was a total asshole thanks to his mother, one of the main reasons i left her. Neather car was insured for theft as you couldn't get Comp on cars over 7 years old at that time. 

RICH MUISE

Someone posted the 'stolen 32 story with pics on the Hamb. It got tagged as a featured thread, so tens of thousands will see it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Was it driven away or towed? There are always precautions you can take to at least thwart the unprofessional thieves. Steering club, hidden kill switch, Rottweiler....

I have a car trailer blocking my garage doors which does makes it a little inconvenient to take a quick spin but it's sure going to take more effort to steal any of the

two cars I worked hard for.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429