News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

stolen car

Started by Ecode70D, 2018-08-12 14:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Not much has been said about how it was taken away except that when he went to his garage, it was gone.
Seems like there is not much follow up on this incident. 
      This is a real bummer. 

djfordmanjack

Guys, check this report about a Mercedes Gullwing recently stolen in Germany. who could ever be so dumb to steal a car like this, probably the only 300 with a top chop... besides of the sad theft, it's an awesome, really awesome car. A friend of mine knows the desperate owner.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/08/16/stolen-car-alert-chop-top-gullwing-taken-from-nurburgrings-front-doorstep/?refer=news

CobraJoe

Beautiful car DJ, it will probably end up in the Middle East or Africa; seems to be the "popular" destination for exotics these days.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Joe and Guenter
     What in the world would someone do with a car like that?  If it was to get shipped to anyplace overseas, they would need a title /proof of ownership.
      Hopefully someone took it just to go for a ride and  didn't realize the value.  Maybe he'll just put it on a street somewhere so it can be found.  I guess that is wishful  thinking on my part.

Jay

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2018-08-20 16:31
Joe and Guenter
     What in the world would someone do with a car like that?  If it was to get shipped to anyplace overseas, they would need a title /proof of ownership.
      Hopefully someone took it just to go for a ride and  didn't realize the value.  Maybe he'll just put it on a street somewhere so it can be found.  I guess that is wishful  thinking on my part.

Jay
It doesn't take much in some of those countries, a few dollars to the right people..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang