News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

MEMBER JOHN VIERA'S '57 BUSINESS SEDAN

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-09-21 18:35

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Well, Jay and I had been waiting all summer to see John's '57, and, along with my wife, we finally got to see it tonight in Halifax....and I don't know what else can I say but WOW! This car is absolutely stunning and is a must see! One look and there will be no doubt in your mind that  that this was nothing short of a Concours quality restoration. It is obvious that John has spared no expense in brining this classic back to life and it truly shows. All the way home, my wife could not stop talking about how gorgeous John's car was and how people were huddled around it all night.
I tip my hat to you sir, congrats on a beautiful ride.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

Awesome. Undercarriage is just as perfect as the rest....obviously not a driven car. LOL.....even the tires don't have dirt or gravel  in the treads. Is that an original E code business sedan?
The thread title...........I'm sure you know, and old habits are hard to break, but Ford didn't make a business coupe in '57
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Oh my!  Stripped down and loaded with an E code 312  would be the bees knees for running shine in 1957.

From what I can see it's a beautiful restoration.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

John's cars always look just like brand new.  We had been waiting all summer to see this one.
You did a great job John.   I'm just lost for words.
Jay     

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-09-21 19:32
Awesome. Undercarriage is just as perfect as the rest....obviously not a driven car. LOL.....even the tires don't have dirt or gravel  in the treads. Is that an original E code business sedan?
The thread title...........I'm sure you know, and old habits are hard to break, but Ford didn't make a business coupe in '57

Title corrected Rich, I apologize as I am still learning about the '57's. I was always told a "Sedan" had 4 doors and 4 seats , while a "Coupe" had 2 doors, a hard top and usually 2 seats and that a "Roadster" had two seats and no top. I'll get this figured out eventually.  :003:

...and yes, Rich, real 70D, D code engine with complete and correct E-code fuel system, T-85 o/d, 3:70 rear, heater radio, clock, and pass. visor delete documented to 1957

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Marc

hiball3985

Mind blowing! It's amazing what money will do  :003: Did he do any of the work or did he pay for all of it?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Nothing to apologize for Joe. It's confusing because everybody, including me, calls them a business coupe. Just old habit as I said. Think 40 ford, and difference between a coupe and sedan. Even 49-51 shoeboxes had coupes and sedans. All of us Custom 2dr sedan owners know the 70D Business version is the same body, but we still call them coupes, go figure.

RICH MUISE

BTW, I meant to ask...........in that last pic posted, there is either curved windshield distortion or an incredibly wild orange flamed late 40's coupe in the background . Got a pic of that car?

Jeff Norwell

Rich.. the car your referring to in the last pic is a 41 Ford Coupe.... and its very distorted thru the glass.

Jeff Norwell

I keep staring in awe...I need to get my time machine fixed.

CobraJoe

LOL, that is my wife's favorite car!  I missed one hell of a deal on a '41 Ford last week. They are extremely beautiful cars! We have seen that chopped '41 at Halifax on several occasions.

CobraJoe

Some retrospect pics; some of you might recognize the blue/white car and those of you have been paying attention the last 18 years might recognize the red car.