News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

MEMBER JOHN VIERA'S '57 BUSINESS SEDAN

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-09-21 18:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2018-09-22 07:28
Mind blowing! It's amazing what money will do  :003: Did he do any of the work or did he pay for all of it?

Jim
     John is a retired automotive school teacher and does all the work himself. Another person painted the body.  He just takes his time and is very fussy when it comes to little details.  I'm thankful that he helped me a lot over the years when I was fixing up my car.  Many years ago he showed me his upholstery from ABC and gave me the contact information.  That's where mine came from.  Later they sold out to LeBarron Bonney in Amesbury Mass.  Jay         

djfordmanjack

Excellent restoration by John and stunning pics by Joe !!
Don't we just love details like red oxyde primer on the spare tire well underside, and I believe I can make out the dimples for the (accessory) Swift sure brakes vaccuum tank on the left inner fender?! This car is clean! the 3 extended bolts on the drivers side cowl with the nuts are so ugly....all factory that means! Everybody would customize and put acorn nuts or rubber caps on them. Not so on this car. Love the interior and my absolute favorite part is the body colored wheels and bias ply blackwall tires. I hope to see this car in person one day as well.

jviera

Rmk57, Marc, did not mean to leave you out, thanks also. Rich, just over 300 miles it's only been a few of weeks since done. I'm sure I'll never get to mileage that  you and the members do. John 

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2018-09-23 06:11
     Jim
     John is a retired automotive school teacher and does all the work himself. Another person painted the body.  He just takes his time and is very fussy when it comes to little details.  I'm thankful that he helped me a lot over the years when I was fixing up my car.  Many years ago he showed me his upholstery from ABC and gave me the contact information.  That's where mine came from.  Later they sold out to LeBarron Bonney in Amesbury Mass.  Jay         

Thank you Jay, that makes the car even more impressive. Johns work is top notch and congratulations to him for doing such impressive work.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    I wish that I had just a small percentage of the patience that John has.  Every single
piece on his car is finely detailed.  He doesn't just rebuild something, he also makes it look
like it was freshly bought over the counter. Jay

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jviera

Travis Duffy who now resides in Cal. working for a shop that does work for Roy Brizio  in San Francisco painted the 57 he is the one that also deserves the credit for the way it looks. John