News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Steering Colum Floor Plates

Started by BWhitmore, 2012-05-20 01:07

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

Need nice steeering column floor plate (2 pieces) for 57 with standard trans on the column.  Thanks.  Bill (213)  709-8904

Still looking for a nice ribbed cover plate for the inside of the Ranchero tailgate.  Thanks. 

57chero

If you go to General Discussion there is a picture posted under (tailgate info needed) I see at least three inner tailgate panels laying in the back of the ranchero.

gasman826

If you're still in need of the column plates, I'll look.  The other day I was digging and I saw the larger half.  I'll have to find the other half.

BWhitmore

Yes, I still need the floor plates.  Please let me know.  Thanks. 

BWhitmore

Thanks for the lead on the tail gate.  My body man tells me there is a difference between the wagon and the Ranchero tail gate.  The tail gate on the Ranchero seems to be 1" shorter with the stainless cap sitting on top and the screw holes on the stainless cap do not line up.  Any guess as to what I have?  Thanks.  I will post a picture of the situation tomorrow. 

BWhitmore

I should have said the tail gate on my Ranchero is 1" shorter as installed.  Pictures coming.  Thanks. 

BWhitmore

I got some additional info last night.  Evidently there is another piece that goes on top of the tailgate (under the stainless top trim) that allows the wagon tail gate to be used on a Ranchero and makes up the 1+ inches at the top.  Does this sound correct?  This is what happens when the body shop has one person dis-assemble the car and another person (2 years later) re-assemble the car.   Thanks.   

wildhog

Yes, you are right,there is a piece that bolts on top of the tail gate, under the trim piece, the tail gate is the same. The Ranchero emblem covers the lock hole in the wagon gate. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

BWhitmore

Tom - thanks for the confirmaton. 

gasman826

Found them!!  I have one set from a '57 Custom with a three speed manual column shift.  It is a THREE piece set...two halves and a little box that goes over the shift shaft.  I still have the column with the old gasket.  New gaskets are available but if you want the old one, I'll see if I can get it off without damaging it.  The metal is pretty good with most of the original paint in tact.  Some surface rust with a little flaky rust in one corner.  If these will help you, I box them up and send them to you for $20.00.

BWhitmore

OK, I will take them.  Thanks.  Please send me you address you if you accept Paypal I can also do that. 

Bill Whitmore

My address is :  1108 S. 5th Street, Alhambra, Ca  91801

BWhitmore

Thanks again Gary.  They fit perfectly.  Sorry for the delay in thanking you.  Bill Whitmore