News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Radiator with transmission cooler hook up

Started by Slimjim652, 2012-05-20 14:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimjim652

Looking for a radiator with transmission cooler hook up for a Fairlane 500 with 312 and foromatic transmission

Ford Blue blood

Check out my thread in the engine swap section (351C).  The Summit universal I got for the Ranchero is now in the Ranchwagon cooling a 390 all day long.  Part number and mounting bracks are shown there as well.  Was 90 in Nashville this past weekend, cruised the grounds for many hours with no problem at all!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Slimjim652

Do you know if a Radiator from a 1959 Ford Custom 300 would fit the 57 Fairlane 500.  In the picture they look the same but needed an expert opinion.  I see that US Radiators list the 57, 58, 59 together.   

Frankenstein57

I just loaned a radiator to my friend who is restoring a custom 300. 21,000 original miles. I had two with the auto trans hookup, they measured the same. He took the one that didn't have a relief in the tank, for fan clearance.  His fan is very close to the radiator, this made him nervous. So he came back for the other one. We think the one without the recessed tank is from a 59, as long as the fan isn't tight up close to the rad, you should be ok. If you buy it, make sure your bolt holes measure the same.  Mark

RICH MUISE

also check hose inlet/outlet locations...6's and v8's were on oposite sides.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Slimjim652

Thanks Everyone,  I looked and everything looked correct from the bolt holes and the hose inlet and outlets.  I will give it a shot and go from there.

Jerrys Kars

I have one removed from my 57 Fairlane. Needs recoring. $100 or offer. Can bring it to Ford Carlisle. New ones are $400+.