News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

headliner tack strip

Started by Roger, 2012-08-14 14:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

I need the headliner tack strip that goes in the passenger side rear.The curved one.This is for a 2 door hardtop model 63B.If anyone has one let me know how much you want for it and I would sure appreciate it.I am kind of at a standstill without it.

RICH MUISE

Roger...any of the guys that might have one are probably going to need to know what model and 2dr/4dr it is you have.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Roger

Yes I should have known to put that.  Thanks for reminding.This is for a 2 door hardtop model 63B

57AGIN

Roger:

I wound up getting my headliner tack strips from Steve Pierce from his stock of 57 Ford parts in Twenty Nine Palms, CA (in the high desert above Palm Springs where it is very hot and very dry).  The metal in the parts he has cleans up very nicely.  He's not cheap, but also not out of reason either.  If you can obtain them from a member it's much less expensive, but as a last resort he's a good one to check with.  By the way he has a rather strange sense of humor, but a good guy to deal with.  He ran a tow business in the LA area from the time he returned from Viet Nam until about 10 years ago.  He never saw a 57 Ford he didn't like and collected hundreds over the years.  He is listed in the vendors list.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Roger..I checked out a couple of 63A's ( they didn't have a 63B hardtop) at Desert Valley Auto Parts south of Phoenix this moprning and neither of them had tack strips. I got inside of one and looked at some shreds of old healiner, and realized they never had a tack strip, but were glued to the top of the window frame. The 64b (4 dr) they had there did have the tack strips attached above the door. I don't know if the hardtop 2 dr used tackstrips or not, but if it did, and it were me, I'd go for the 4 dr tack strips and tweek them if they weren't already a close enough fit. I've got a pic of them I'll post if your still looking when I get back to Amarillo.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe