News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Parts

Started by wighty, 2014-02-20 17:42

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2014-02-27 21:34
Jim - you probably already know that the spare tire hold down (spare behind the seat) in a Ranchero is different that the one pictured.
Thanks Bill, I knew that but I'm not putting it behind the seat, it's going in the bed.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

Jim - a thought.  If you are going to mount the spare flat in your bed you might want to think about removing one of the bolts holding down the bed plate.  Substitute a threaded rod (5/16), mount the tire over the threaded rod with a flat plate and wing nut to secure everything down.  The stock spare location uses a round plate and large wing nut to secure the spare to the rod extending from the bracket.   The round plate is fairly common up through the Mustang years.  This strategy would eliminate the need to drill a hole in your bed. 

hiball3985

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2014-02-27 22:47
Jim - a thought.  If you are going to mount the spare flat in your bed you might want to think about removing one of the bolts holding down the bed plate.  Substitute a threaded rod (5/16), mount the tire over the threaded rod with a flat plate and wing nut to secure everything down.  The stock spare location uses a round plate and large wing nut to secure the spare to the rod extending from the bracket.   The round plate is fairly common up through the Mustang years.  This strategy would eliminate the need to drill a hole in your bed.
Thats another possibility Bill. I'm not sure if there is enough room between the holes and side of the bed, I'll have to measure that. I was just thinking of a small bracket held with some small screws that a the hold down bolt could be slipped in so I would only have two small holes. I have a few ideas kicking around in my head.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mtwilsonboy

Quote from: wighty on 2014-02-20 17:42
Can anyone use any of the parts in this picture?  FYI, the Windshield Wiper Motor is a 57 Chevy 12 volt. Part Number 5047905.
I would be interested in the two outer bumper brackets. How much are you looking to get? My email address is rreigert@yahoo.com.

Ecode70D

Wighty
Email has been sent.
Jay

Zapato

Wighty, email sent

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72