News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Please Identify
Last post by rmk57 - Today at 09:58

They look familiar, I think for the vent window assembly.
General Discussion / Re: Please Identify
Last post by gasman826 - Today at 09:38
I've parted several Custom Tudors and I don't remember these parts in or around the quarter or door glass.  I found nothing in the FOMOCO Illustrations manual.  My quarter glass is fixed like the Business Coupes.  No help but my first impression was the lower hardware that holds the fixed quarter glass.  I used the JEGSR reproduction fixed glass hardware.
General Discussion / Please Identify
Last post by Jeff Norwell - Today at 08:18
Putting together all the inner parts on my Custom 300... doors, glass, winders, tracks ,etc,etc.... I ran across these parts. and for the life of me.. cant remember where they go or what they do.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff

General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 00:37
Wow.  Almost 10k elevation, wow.  Cool. 
Glad your trip is going well. 
ditto, and to second that thought, any current reproductions of stuff they've been making for years would be on existing tooling......so, highly doubtful a major decrease in quality will be seen. I mean, it's the quality of that tooling that makes the difference, and even a lower skilled operator I would thing wouldn't have much of an effect on product.
General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by RICH MUISE - Yesterday at 22:14
Elevation was a bummer at 9360 ft! I got there about 7 after driving again thru some gorgeous scenery. I've been there 6 or 8 times. Anyway, tried sleeping, from 9:30 to 2 am, couldn't fall asleep, even with my Oxegen attached to me. Finally thru in the towel and drove 45 miles to Cimmeron, where the elevation is 2500 feet lower. Got 3 hours sleep, made it back to Red River in time.The car didn't do well at first, but after 4 or 5 starts, it ran great even over a few mountain passes at 10K feet+. 700 miles roundtrip, and the first long voyage for the replacement engine couldn't have gone any better.
Typical New Mexico show........11 tri-five chevys in the 100 or so cars. Mine was the only 50's Ford.
General Discussion / Re: Part # 358939-S What sty...
Last post by mustang6984 - Yesterday at 13:22
And the photos just came in while I happened to be sitting at my computer. So...here ya' go!
General Discussion / Re: Part # 358939-S What sty...
Last post by KYBlueOval - Yesterday at 13:19
Problem solved!
I installed 10-24 Nut-Serts and #10 Socket Head Cap Screws.
The rubber bumper fits tight on the cap screw head. All is good!

I sent photos to Hugh and I'm sure he will post them, when he checks his E-mail. One photo of the nut-sert and the #10 screw, and one with the rubber bumper installed on the screw and the third photo shows where the strap would rest without the bumper.
John

General Discussion / Re: solid lifters
Last post by mustang6984 - Yesterday at 11:20
Good!!! Much cheaper fix! And easier! WHEW!   :006:
I used EMS stuff a few years ago.  I doubt they have let their quality slip given they are making improvements to pieces they already have.  The lower front fender patches are a great example.  Their new patches are perfect replacements.  They aren't even in the same ballpark as their old pieces that the new ones replaced!  I just can't imagine they would let quality slip.